Votes

Same access control configured in the router (TL-WR940N) for an extender (Archer C54)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Same access control configured in the router (TL-WR940N) for an extender (Archer C54)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-17 20:39:03 - last edited 2023-06-19 01:00:09
Model: Archer C54  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

hi,

I configured access control on the router TL-WR940N (with address mac); I have also configured mac filtering; the control works;

however, when I added an extender (Archer C54), devices connected to this extender are not controlled. It seems like the access control of the router does not have an effect on the extender.

NB : the extender is connected with the router by wire.

Could you please.

Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Same access control configured in the router (TL-WR940N) for an extender (Archer C54)
2023-06-19 09:15:16

@redrouis 

Hello, thank you for the feedback, is your Archer C54 working on Access Point mode? or Router mode?

Normally if it works on Access Point mode, its client devices will still obtain IP address from the main Router and controlled by the main Router TL-WR940N.

So please check the DHCP Client list of the main router TL-WR940N to see if the extender client devices are listed there or not, if so, check if the MAC addresses of those client devices are the same as that when they are connected directly to the main router.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Same access control configured in the router (TL-WR940N) for an extender (Archer C54)
2023-07-17 16:44:03

@redrouiswelcom

I FORGET MY USERNAME AND PASSWORD PLEASE KINDLY RESEND IT TO MY VIA EMAIL ,THANKS

KAMAL 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 398

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.