Lost internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Lost internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Lost internet connection
Lost internet connection
2023-06-25 14:07:20 - last edited 2023-06-25 14:19:38
Model: TL-MR6500v  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Router worked perfectly until I tried to connect a printer by pressing the WPS button, now I only have WiFi but no internet.  Looking at diagnostics on my laptop, it is showing failed name resolution,  DNS resolution has high latency.  How do I fix this please?  I am a novice, so please use simple terms, thank you...🥴

Options
1 Reply
Re:Lost internet connection
2023-06-26 08:29:56

@DidoP 

1. Are the signal strength LEDs and Internet LED on your TL-MR6500v light up now?

2. To change the DNS, please connect a computer to the MR6500v via Ethernet cable or WiFi, login the web interface: 

How to log into the web-based management interface of TP-Link Wireless 4G LTE Router

Then go to Advanced->Network->LAN Settings->DHCP Server part, you could configure "Primary DNS" as "8.8.8.8" and Secondary DNS as "8.8.4.4", then save it.

3. If there is still no internet, please share with us screenshots of Advanced->Status page, Advanced->Network->Internet page, and go to Advanced->System Tools->System Log page to save a log file.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 385

Replies: 1

Related Articles