Votes

IPv6: How to disable IPv6 firewall?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-27 16:17:27 - last edited 2023-06-28 13:03:46
Model: Archer AXE300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi, I've just bought TP-Link router and struggle migrating from an existing router of another brand to Archer.

I've observed that a number of essential features are simply missing in Archer FW.

For example I cannot configure a custom DynDNS server.

Another issue that I'm facing I cannot make external ICMP traffic to work for any of my IPv6 hosts. Generally I'd like to expose the whole host over IPv6 to internet. But Archer routers seems to block all the traffic. Whitelisting one port at a time is huge pain. Why not to be able to specify the range or ports and the list of IPv6 addresses at once.

Also the Web management is only accessible using IPv4 address, but not the IPv6 (which is really bad especially the custom DynDNS is not supported).

Options
1 Reply
Re:IPv6: How to disable IPv6 firewall?
2023-06-28 10:10:11 - last edited 2023-06-28 10:10:39

@SergejKiller 

Hello, thank you for posting on the TP-Link community, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature requests here.

While we don't have any specific details that I can share around if those features can come to all the home routers, or when it might, I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

I'm moving this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Routers)' area and tagging it as a ‘Future Consideration’ for better visibility.

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 393

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.