Deco with Guest network - can you set to what network will devices connect via LAN port?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco with Guest network - can you set to what network will devices connect via LAN port?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-28 04:59:07
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I am planning to buy Deco P9 but I guess it should apply to all Deco devices.

I've been looking for an answer to my question for quite a long time and I am really surprised no one ever asked it before. I tried to search by using different words to describe it but maybe still didn't get the right words.

My point is that guests will have physical access to some Deco units so when I set up guest network, can I set to what network will a device connect via LAN port on Deco devices? Either by whitelist approach or manual setting of the ports on each device via app? Or at least is there an option to disable the ports on desired deco units?

I really hope this is possible and will be eagerly waiting for your response.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco with Guest network - can you set to what network will devices connect via LAN port?
2023-06-28 05:05:27

@Josef69 There's no guest network on Ethernet, if that's what you're asking

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
Re:Deco with Guest network - can you set to what network will devices connect via LAN port?
2023-06-28 05:08:43

@ImtiazAli Then is it possible to disable the ports at least as I wrote in my question above? 

Options
2023-06-28 05:34:58

@Josef69 I don't think that's possible either.

Also, Deco routers doesn't have a "whitelist" feature.

Please go through this article : How to set up a Guest Network for Deco

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options