EasyMesh: Controlling satellite devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-29 05:33:12
Model: Archer C64  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.12.10

Hey,

I'm using C64 and C80 in my home. These are connected via ethernet. And C64 is the main router and C80 is the satellite device. I want to manage C80 via the web interface but I can't access it overt the IP. Is there  way to access it? Cause some things are not being copied from the main router to satellite router. i.e the Guest network on the main is enabled but is not available via the satellite router. Also sometimes due to excess slowness I would like to restart the router via the web page now I can't do that either.

2nd problem is that even though these are connected via ethernet it shows that easymesh is over WiFi and signal strength is low.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:EasyMesh: Controlling satellite devices
2023-06-29 11:33:29

@HamxaJutt 

Hi, thanks for posting on TP-Link Community.  

1. For EasyMesh network, we are unable to access the web interface of satellite devices.

Currently, the guest network of the main router will not be synchronized to satellite devices because the satellite devices include router, extenders etc. and extenders don't support guest network at all. We've reported to senior engineers to evaluate if it is possible to synchronize guest network settings when the satellite device is also a router.

2. For Ethernet backhaul issue, what is the hardware and firmware version of both routers? Please note that both of them need to support Ethernet backhaul and make sure it is LAN port of C64 connected to WAN port of C80.

If the problem still exists, please try a different Ethernet cable, also try to unplug the cable from C80 and plug it into a wired computer to see if the Ethernet connection works fine.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:EasyMesh: Controlling satellite devices
2023-07-18 15:19:13
Hello! Yes! Please make the "synchronize guest network settings when the satellite device is also a router" happen. Thank you!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 509

Replies: 2

Related Articles