Votes

Cannot Assign IP Reservations for Tapo Smart Plugs/Lamps in Deco App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-02 18:17:02 - last edited 2023-07-05 09:46:52

This seems kind of silly. I thought it was a great idea that you could merge two apps into one, and manage your Tapo devices with your Deco devices, but once a Tapo device is added as a smart device to the Deco app, you can't add an IP reservation for it. It isn't visible in the Client screen, and if you add the MAC address manually, it refuses to register it. In the end I've just registered them using the Tapo app, and then I can add them to the Deco app IP reservations.

The idea that you can only make IP reservations inside the DHCP range is also a bit ridiculous.

Come on TP-Link - there are valid reasons why we might want to reserve IP addresses for IoT devices, and every other router under the sun allows you to make IP reservations outside the DHCP range.

I understand that the deco is aimed at the average consumer, but once you get into the areas of port forwarding, and IP reservation, the consumer is a lot more technically savvy and expect to be able to do what they can do on any other router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 231

Replies: 0

Voters 1