[HELP] LDAP Configuration for Microsoft Windows Server Active Directory

[HELP] LDAP Configuration for Microsoft Windows Server Active Directory

19 Reply
Re:[HELP] LDAP Configuration for Microsoft Windows Server Active Directory
2023-12-17 11:20:35

Same issue here, ER7206 v1.0, firmware 1.4.0 Build 20231114 Rel.36220, configured Active Directory + other services without problems, in case of TP-Link the only thing I get is "Failed to connect to the LDAP server."

Options
2023-12-18 03:31:17

@WokWokWok 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/644738

how did you configure it? anything useful to share?

judging from the error, it is the literal meaning of it. have you set the server correct?

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-12-19 09:21:13 - last edited 2023-12-19 09:21:49

@Tedd404 Yes, the server is correct, it's just the internal IP of my Windows Active Directory server. The message is the same, no matter what I change in my settings.

For now it's hard to tell if I have anything useful to share, as it does not work for me. Just wanted to add the "me too" answer, maybe somebody from TP-Link reads forums and will publish any guide how to connect it to Active Directory.

Options
2023-12-22 05:37:12

@WokWokWok it does not work with active directory.

LDAP is LDAP. the guide is LDAP not AD. ofc not working. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-12-22 08:16:11

@Tedd404 Sorry, but you're wrong. Active Directory is the implementation of LDAP. I connected LDAP software to Active Directory many times (including OpenVPN Access Server). I can browse it using LDAP tools. According to Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Directory

" Active Directory uses Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) versions 2 and 3, Microsoft's version of Kerberos,[6] and DNS.[7] "

Options
2023-12-22 08:36:15

@WokWokWok 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/646976https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/646976

Options
2023-12-22 12:34:18 - last edited 2023-12-22 12:38:17

@2Dr In Another Thread I got the response, that the buildin-LDAP of Windows-AD is not supported.

You need to setup a third-party ldap-relay then, turning the Microsoft LDAP into specification-conform LDAP.

I cannot follow this recommendation, as i'm using the buildin-ldap for many other applications, but maybe they all just went the extra mile to support AD (as one if the most common usecases) while tp-link didnt.

Options
2024-01-05 11:26:29

@2Dr same issue here, that is a stunning tplink miss that it simply cannot query AD natively, requiring an intermediate solution. Pretty useless like that,

Options
2024-01-05 16:21:11

@dognose 

Doesn't all that relay through Radius/NPS?  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options

Tags

ldap
Related Articles