Does the Deco X60 support NAT LOOKUP / HAIRPIN ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-04 10:40:07
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I am looking to buy the Deco X60 mesh Wifi 6 3 pack - But I am just wondering if it supports NAT Lookup / Hairpin.

I need it for my servers at home since I am hosting my websites here through my Synology NAS.

Thank you!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Does the Deco X60 support NAT LOOKUP / HAIRPIN ?
2023-07-04 11:12:24

@Sjansaar 

If you plan to keep your current router, you can configure Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode. This will leave network management to your router, like it is now. Deco mesh will only provide WiFi coverage.

See How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

Options
2023-07-04 11:43:43

@Alexandre. 

Ah so it isn't really a router or something? Which TP-LINK router would you suggest (Wifi 6 and also NAT Lookup / Hairpin supported)? I am looking for one and thought this would be one with Wifi 6 included. Or is there a list where I can see which ones are supported by the NAT Lookup / Hairpin?

Thanks!

Options
2023-07-04 12:45:45

@Sjansaar 

Deco mesh runs as a router in its default configuration. My recommendation to run Deco mesh in AP mode is for someone who already has router they configured the way they like, and only need better WiFi coverage around the house.

Sorry, can't answer your original question. I run my Deco mesh in AP mode, my cable router manages network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 346

Replies: 3

Related Articles