The connection randomly drops out between one or several days

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-05 07:45:48
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6 Build 20221229 Rel. 72252

I think the problems started begone after the last update.

My setup, I have a cable modem in bridged mode, connected a 1GB/S Router (disabled wifi) and when the Deco's M4 (AP mode) are connected with utp cables of the best Backhaul. There are 40+ devices connected

The problem: After a few days (one to three times a week) the connection of all three the deco's to the router drop's, I can't connect the internal webgui or ping the devices from the LAN site. The Wifi is stili broadcasting but it is using a internal dhcp with 'No internet'. The lights on the Deco's are still white. The Deco App shows that the network is offline.

The only way to resolve the issue is by disconnection all three the device's from power. power on the main deco wait to the white light and then power on the other two.

I found these steps on the website.https://www.tp-link.com/nl/support/faq/2428/ but that didn't help. I have also did a full factory reset of all devices and make a new network profile. That also didn't work.

I have added the log of the main deco after the reboot of a crash of the system. There are a lot of daemon.err in it and errors about sync-server.

I hope there is a solution, i have leaner my kids to reset the Deco's but i think that is not the way. If extra information needed i can help you with if have some computer and network knowledge.

File:
log-2023-07-05.zipDownload
Options
6 Reply
Re:The connection randomly drops out between one or several days
2023-07-05 13:44:56

@Xenomes 

Would you please share network diagram, specifically how your Deco M4 devices connect to each other and/or to router, also what is connected to the second Ethernet port of Main Deco.

Options
2023-07-05 14:44:25 - last edited 2023-07-05 14:45:33

Hi  @Alexandre. ,

There the diagram.

Options
2023-07-05 15:19:59

@Xenomes 

This network diagram does not fit my theory of what might go wrong, so I am going to provide other troubleshooting recommendations and perhaps one of them will help:

1. Replace Ethernet cable between Main Deco and Asus router, if you can. 

2. In AP mode, and with your network layout, it does not matter which Deco is Main. Swap Main Deco with one of Satellite Deco. I would suggest to swap Main Deco unit with Satellite Deco unit to which Philips TV is connected.

3. Configure static IP addresses for all three Deco M4, in Asus N66U.

4. Reduce DHCP Lease time to 30 minutes, which will be value of 1800 in corresponding field of router configuration page. According to documentation, default value is 24 hours (86400) which may be too long.

Options
2023-07-05 15:32:53

@Alexandre. 
The current setup has been running for at least 2 years.

1. Replace Ethernet cable between Main Deco and Asus router, if you can.
This is no issue is can replace it easy, is mounted above the router.

2. In AP mode, and with your network layout, it does not matter which Deco is Main. Swap Main Deco with one of Satellite Deco. I would suggest to swap Main Deco unit with Satellite Deco unit to which Philips TV is connected.
Ok had try that, do you recommend a satellite with the less devices?

3. Configure static IP addresses for all three Deco M4, in Asus N66U.
That i already did from day one.

4. Reduce DHCP Lease time to 30 minutes, which will be value of 1800 in corresponding field of router configuration page. According to documentation, default value is 24 hours (86400) which may be too long.
Didn't try this will reduce it to 1800 it was indeed 86400.

Thanks fot the help,

Options
2023-07-05 15:39:27

@Xenomes 

>Ok had try that, do you recommend a satellite with the less devices?

I would recommend Satellite that is not taxed with Ethernet traffic. Smart TV is 100Mbps link at most, very lightly utilized even for streaming, so it should be good candidate to connect to Main Deco.

Also, just personal preference: my Main Deco second Ethernet port is connected to Sony Smart TV.

Options
2023-07-05 15:43:05

@Alexandre. 

Thanks, the main deco is now switching.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 554

Replies: 6

Related Articles