Archer AXE75 - VPN Capabilities

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-08 20:59:33 - last edited 2023-07-08 21:18:27
Tags: #VPN #VPN Tunnel Kill Switch
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer AXE75(EU)_V1_1.1.6 Build 20221208

Good day to all reading this post laugh

I have the intention to buy the Archer AXE75 V1 router (Europe); so the firmware version is not relevant, but I will of course update the firmware to the lastest version available.

I still have question about the VPN capabilities.

I own an asus router that I used to flash with Merlin firmware for mainly the following reason as missing capabilities for the stck firmware :

• VPN Split tunneling
  • VPN Kill switch

I wonder if these capabilities are available out of the box with the Archer AXE75 V1 router (Europe).

My understanding so far is :

1. Split tunneling is available out of the box yes
    • You can configure (yes) and enable multiple client VPNs at the same time ?
      Not sure for this as in the demo, activating one VPN disable the one currently activated
    • You can attach multiple clients/components to one of the active VPN tunnel ? 
  2. The VPN tunnel kill switch is not available having not find any proof of this on the documentation, demo nor this community website or reviews and more ? frown
    In short, a VPN kill switch will keep your data secure by blocking traffic or certain connections if the encrypted VPN tunnel is not active.

I would like to understand if all these statements are true?

Many thanks in advance for taking the time to respond to these question.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AXE75 - VPN Capabilities
2023-07-10 06:42:19 - last edited 2023-07-10 06:43:29

@Laurent_BE 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

I suppose you mean the VPN Client feature, right? Archer AXE75 as a VPN Client, could add several severs at a time, but as you mentioned, only one server can be enabled at the same time. So if you would like to connect several VPN Servers at the same time, I am afraid it will not work.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 439

Replies: 1

Tags

VPN
VPN Tunnel Kill Switch
Related Articles