Votes

Deco M4 does not allow WiFi password with blank spaces

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Deco M4 does not allow WiFi password with blank spaces

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
40 Reply
RE:Deco M4 does not allow WiFi password with blank spaces
2023-07-19 15:35:57
Trimming spaces in the beginning and end of string is quite simple procedure. Your senior developers worse than juniors...
Options
Re:Deco M4 does not allow WiFi password with blank spaces
2023-07-22 00:21:57 - last edited 2023-08-09 21:47:56

@David-TP 

I have the same issue, I need spaces and & to be accepted, on a P9

Options
2023-07-29 00:52:13

@pacm 

same issue.  Bought the router tonight.  Returning it tomorrow.  Ridiculous that it does not comply with Wi-Fi standards.  

Options
2023-07-31 00:42:50

@David-TP 

I agree with the original post. It's infuriating that this was changed with no warning. I'm seriously disappointed that I bought your product really. There was no need to assume that all your customers are idiots who don't realise they've added a space at the end. Also, features that were present when I first started using this product have now vanished, like being able to add priority devices. 

Options
2023-08-01 20:23:57

@pacm 
This is a breaking change and I see it on the XE5300 too and is unacceptable and irresponsible to go against the standards since it makes your support easiers.
Please fix this as soon as possible.

Options
2023-08-02 14:24:57

@hocho 

I cannot fix anything 

Options
2023-08-02 19:35:55

@David-TP Hi, I need to send the XE75 I literally just receiced because the WiFi password doesn't allow blank spaces.  No way I'm changing passcodes for 100 devices.  May want to consider how people set up secure passwords before adding constraints.

Options
2023-08-02 20:20:03
Just spoke with support and requested to send the unit back. They didn't said they'll get back to me tomorrow... don't understand why I have to wait a day when the unit won't support my environment. I'll report back tomorrow.
Options
2023-08-03 03:06:55

@pacm 

I'm in the same boat and considering returning.

Options
2023-08-03 07:57:11

@Anewk1 

The quick fix is returning back the device. @David-TP was clear, they don't consider this as a regression, it's a super feature and he moved my post from issue to "feature request". Their approach is quite clear. 

For me it's a pity, I cannot return my devices because I bought them long time ago. In the future I will not make the same mistake. Indeed, recently I changed my main router and I bought one that compliance with WiFi Alliance standards. It's matter of time that finally I replace the five Deco M4 that I have. 

Options

Voters 13

+ 9 Voters