Votes

Deco M4 does not allow WiFi password with blank spaces

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Deco M4 does not allow WiFi password with blank spaces

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
40 Reply
Re:Deco M4 does not allow WiFi password with blank spaces
2023-08-03 07:58:54

@CB1 LoL, even support team thinks it's a bad unit. It's difficult to believe that someone could remove spaces from password. 

Options
2023-08-03 14:20:44

Support contacted me I get to return a device, but I have to pay for shipping which is total BS.  @tp-link you just lost me and eveyone I know as a customer.  Your competition won without having to do anything.

Options
RE:Deco M4 does not allow WiFi password with blank spaces
2023-08-05 22:35:56 - last edited 2023-08-05 22:36:26

I agree this is so horrible.  I have over a hundred devices that already have the saved password with a space.  Changing them is not an option. 

I deleted the Deco app on my phone and downloaded an APK from May 2023.  That allowed me to use password with a space again.  This is 100% a bug. 

Options
2023-08-09 21:18:31

@David-TP 

You all need to revert this change. I cannot modify my network settings because my passwords have spaces in it. Spaces are completely acceptable characters in a wifi password. Fix it!

Options
2023-08-09 21:46:45
Fix this bug
Options
2023-08-10 21:24:56
This is a bug from your latest version, removing the spaces in the Wi-Fi password is ridiculous and non-standard!!
Options
2023-08-12 03:11:17

I just bought Deco BE85 routers and have the same issue with not being able to use spaces in a password... So now i have to reconfigure 55 wireless devices. This is the third red flag and im seriously considering returning these already.

1. Passwords cant have spaces,
  2. Cant disable DHCP Server unless in AP only mode.
  3. No real web administration, app only which requires a TP Link login account.

Its a shame that these seem to have some of the best hardware on the market but are limited by bad software engineering decisions.

Options
2023-08-12 08:33:54

@copyrunstart 

I do agree. Sadly I think they will not fix this. Indeed they classify this like "feature" when is clearly a bug. 

Options
2023-08-13 16:01:52 - last edited 2023-08-13 20:17:11

Most pathetic excuse ever. Now I have to go change settings on almost 100 devices around my property, some mounted outside high-up outside!!! Time to ditch all my TP-Link equipment now! And, I just ordered 2 more AP's to add to my mesh to cover more areas. Glad I only sell Cisco to customers.

@David-TP 

Options
2023-08-13 20:12:19

@pacm I returned my TP Link Deco BE 85's to the store last night. Too many missing (basic) software features.

1. Can't disable DHCP in router mode

2. Can't specify an internal DNS server for your WANS upstream DNS. This means I can't route all of the routers traffic through pi-hole.

3. Can't specify a different DNS server for guest WI-FI from the DNS server used on your local LAN, so if I use pi-hole for my LAN traffic, I'd have to manually configure DNS on every guest device that connects... ridiculous.

4. SSID passwords can't have spaces... would be annoying to have to reconfigure the 50 devices I have on my network.

good luck everyone, but seeing these threads date back to 2019, it's probably just time to cut your losses and move on.

Options

Voters 13

+ 9 Voters