Open VPN server and client setup on TP Link Archer C5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-10 12:11:05
Tags: #VPN
Model: Archer C5  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 3.16.0 0.9.1

I'm trying to set up a VPN on my TP-Link Archer C5 to enable connections to a different geography. 

My VPN provider is surfshark. I'm trying to set up the VPN as per these 2 videos - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_LyoZkPyz4 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIRKcFUgbak

The issue is that I'm able to generate a configuration file on the router but I do not see any option to load the country-specific UDP .ovpn files to the router in order to set up the vpn connection to say - Singapore or India. Is this a limitation of the archer C5 or am I making a mistake here?

VPN connections -

image.png

At the moment, I seem to have a VPN between my phone/laptop and my router which is not of much use. Is my understanding correct? On the TP Link Archer C5, i do not see any option to load the various country-specific UDPs provided to me by Surfshark. What is the mistake I'm making? I would appreciate any inputs on it. TIA

Options
1 Reply
Re:Open VPN server and client setup on TP Link Archer C5
2023-07-10 17:17:59 - last edited 2023-07-10 17:22:18

@arvind_r_2509 

The Archer C5 v4 is a router ususally provided by ISPs. So it's quite possible that it doesn't support a VPN Server feature like this:

If you don't have suche menu then you can't use the Open VPN feature on your router.

The same goes for the VPN Client - if it's not in the menu then it's not implemented on your router model.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1006

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles