Slow speed extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow speed extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Slow speed extender
Slow speed extender
2023-07-10 17:55:25 - last edited 2023-07-13 09:34:14
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have installed the extender with no problems, maximum strength signal achieved, ideal extender location following the app suggestion, normal router speed 320 Mbps, extender speed 35/40 Mbps. Tried to reset extender and re install trough WPS, all fine except the speed is the same, no improvement at all. I have checked with different devices, the speed next to extender is 330 Mbps when connected to router, switching to extender speed drops to 30/35 Mbps.

I have no problems with the signal strength, it is the speed that is really poor. Anyone can help?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Slow speed extender-Solution
2023-07-10 22:22:38 - last edited 2023-07-13 09:34:14

@Orecchio11 

Hi,

If you get a data speed of 330 Mbps next to the extender when connected to the router, then I think you may be connected to the 5 GHz band of the router, because 330 Mbps at a distance sounds too fast for 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi.

As the TL-WA850RE only supports 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi you need to compare it to the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi of the router.

Also note that the achievable data speed is halved when connected via a wireless range extender, because the available signal bandwidth is shared between the extender receiving data wirelessly from the router and simultaniously sending data onwards to the user's wireless client device.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow speed extender-Solution
2023-07-10 22:22:38 - last edited 2023-07-13 09:34:14

@Orecchio11 

Hi,

If you get a data speed of 330 Mbps next to the extender when connected to the router, then I think you may be connected to the 5 GHz band of the router, because 330 Mbps at a distance sounds too fast for 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi.

As the TL-WA850RE only supports 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi you need to compare it to the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi of the router.

Also note that the achievable data speed is halved when connected via a wireless range extender, because the available signal bandwidth is shared between the extender receiving data wirelessly from the router and simultaniously sending data onwards to the user's wireless client device.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 411

Replies: 1

Related Articles