Router rebooting when I disconnect the WAN link

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-16 10:45:17
Tags: #failover
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: ‪1.0.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 220307 Rel.60743n

Hello,

I configured the router as Wireless Router Mode in Operation Mode, and changed the router IP to 192.168.10.1 in LAN Settings.

I want to use the internet backup feature as I have a cable internet router with IP 192.168.1.1 and I have inserted a SIM card. I have checked the mobile network is working.

When I physically disconnect the WAN cable (either end) or click Disconnect for the WAN interface on the web interface, the router reboots, and changes its network and IP to 192.168.1.1.

When I reconnect the cable, the router reboots again and changes its IP to 192.168.0.1 (presumably because 192.168.1.1 is taken by internet router)

Is this behavior really intended? Could there be a hardware issue?

I really need to have my LAN not changing IPs in case of failover. This is causing issues with IPs allocated with DHCP (lease is 24h by default) and rebooting the router makes failover time really high compared to what I have seen on youtube videos for the Archer MR600.

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Router rebooting when I disconnect the WAN link
2023-07-17 11:58:48

@TpFanF 

Hi, normally the LAN IP address will not change automatically unless the LAN and WAN IP addresses are in conflict.

Could you please share with us screenshots of your LAN IP and Subnet Mask settings on the MR600 when using 192.168.10.1?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-07-17 13:50:36 - last edited 2023-07-17 13:52:04

@Sunshine 

Options
2023-07-18 03:31:41

@TpFanF 

Hi, we would like to escalate your case to the support engineers, and they will help follow it up, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.    

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 448

Replies: 3

Tags

failover
Related Articles