Powerline adaptor shows all green lights, devices have no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-19 09:20:03
Model: TL-WPA7517 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.10 Build 220701 Rel.65093n (6985/8575)

Hi all, a few months ago I bought a WPA5717 to reach a part of my house that could not be done with a reasonable amount of mesh routers. I initially plugged the main powerline into our router, but after our router crashed a few times and my download speed shrunk from 60+ mbps to 3-5 mbps, I tried to plug the main powerline directly into our modem instead, figuring that it would be okay as the WPA5717 can broadcast its own signal.

Doing that, all lights remained green on both powerlines, and pairing is no problem, but none of my devices are recieving any internet, even when directly plugged into the powerline through ethernet. To troubleshoot, I've tried the following:

• Resetting and repairing the two powerlines (multiple times)
  • Changing the IP,  gateway, and subnet to match our main router
  • Turned off DCHP (which has apparently worked for some)

Any idea what could be going on? The TPplc app shows that 150+ mbps are going to my powerline in the "data rate" section but I am still recieving no internet.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline adaptor shows all green lights, devices have no internet
2023-07-26 09:50:46

@Cabs08 

Hi, is your modem a pure modem or modem and router combined? If it is a pure modem, the powerline devices will not work.

Please try connecting the powerline adapter to one of your mesh routers and check internet again.

Options