Archer C6 sporadically loses internet with [inetd]INETD: select error, abort.

2023-07-21 00:05:08
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.13.0 Build 230516 Rel.36534n(4555)

Hi there,

After struggling with internet losses while in VR, using the archer C6 as a dedicated router for my headset, I have found several forum articles related to error [inetd]INETD: select error, abort.  being connected to losing internet sporadically (system log with errors below).

While I've been unable to find other forum posts on this error specifically about the C6, I have still tried to follow some of the troubleshooting steps given, but without success. As these losses of connection are most often only 20-60 seconds long, it is very difficult to catch them happening. I replaced my last C6 due to similar - and possibly even the same - issue and would greatly appreciate help in finding a solution.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Nerf

Options
12 Reply
Re:Archer C6 sporadically loses internet with [inetd]INETD: select error, abort.
2023-07-21 09:52:57

@Nerfection 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. Did you notice the Internet LED turning red when the issue happens?

2. Who is your ISP? does the issue only happen while in VR?

3. When the issue happens, will all the client devices lose internet access at the same time?

If so, please follow this guide to troubleshoot as well: What if TP-Link Router Disconnects from Internet?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Archer C6 sporadically loses internet with [inetd]INETD: select error, abort.
2023-07-21 10:11:15 - last edited 2023-07-21 10:16:41

@Sunshine Hi there. Thanks for the reply.

1. I can't see the Internet LED turn red when the issue happens as the router is wall-mounted and the issue tends to be only 10s of seconds long.

2. Vodafone/OpenReach. I've checked quite thoroughly with them, including a full fibre check with OpenReach and a replacement ONT (just in case). I've also tried with a different main router to see if that was the issue and it wasn't.

3. There's only 1 client device using the internet connected to the C6 (my PC, which is connected via ethernet), and that loses internet connection. The VR headset which uses the C6's wireless to connect to the PC does not lose connection with the PC.

(the network is modem -- (wired) --> main router -- (wifi) --> network extender -- (CAT8 ethernet) --> TP link Archer C6 (set to access point) -- (CAT8 ethernet) --> PC)

With the troubleshooting steps in the link:

1. When not through the C6, the connection is stable

2. I have fully replaced all the ethnet cables in the above set up with brand new ones, with no change

3. I've updated the router's firmware and it says it's up to date

4. I don't know how to practically do this one as the outages are so short-term.

5. I'm not sure this one applies as I'm not connecting the C6 directly to the modem/using it in router mode

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Nerf

Options
2023-11-22 09:22:29

@Nerfection 

Have you solved the problem?

I have a similar situation, the problem is very frustrating.

@Sunshine 

Do you know the cause of the problem? I've seen a lot of similar threads on the internet.

1 ERROR 0days, 00:04:44, [inetd]INETD: select error, abort.

2 ERROR 0days, 00:06:04, [inetd]INETD: select error, abort.

3 ERROR 0days, 00:15:04, [inetd]INETD: select error, abort.

4 ERROR 0days, 00:16:04, [inetd]INETD: select error, abort.

5 ERROR 0days, 00:18:24, [inetd]INETD: select error, abort

Firmware: 1.13.2 Build 230824 Rel.75032n(4555)
Device: Archer C6 4.0
Options
2023-11-23 07:22:12

@Michal91 

Does the logs about  [inetd]INETD: select error, abort always appears when internet stops working? 

If you are not very sure, please share with us a complete log file after the issue happens, also let us know the specific time the issue starts.

In addition, please also let us know if all the devices of your C6 V4 will lose internet at the same time, or only some of them disconnect at a time. And when the issue happens, they still show connected but no internet or disconnect from WiFi and LAN completely?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-23 18:14:50

@Michal91 Hi. No, I never solved the problem. I was told it was quite common but I've not seen anyone post a workable solution.

Sorry I can't be more help. Good luck solving it. It's just a permanent issue for me.

Nerf

Options
2023-12-13 14:36:01

@Michal91 

Tambien tengo el mismo problema

Tp Link Archer C80

1 ERROR 0days, 00:30:48, [inetd]INETD: select error, abort.

2 ERROR 0days, 01:00:49, [inetd]INETD: select error, abort.

Saludos desde venezuela

Options
2023-12-13 14:37:59

@Darkos-Salazar1 

Firmware 1.13.2 Build 230824 Rel.75032n(5553)

Hardware Archer C80 2.20

Micro Cortes de Internet: cada media hora

1 ERROR 0days, 00:30:48, [inetd]INETD: select error, abort.

2 ERROR 0days, 01:00:49, [inetd]INETD: select error, abort.

Options
2023-12-14 01:16:26

@Darkos-Salazar1 

Hi, do you notice the internet disconnecting issue as well? If so, does the logs about  [inetd]INETD: select error, abort always appears when internet stops working? 

If you are not very sure, please share with us a complete log file after the issue happens, also let us know the specific time the issue starts.

In addition, please also let us know if all the client devices of your C80 will lose internet at the same time, or only some of them disconnect at a time. And when the issue happens, they still show connected but no internet or disconnect from WiFi and LAN completely?

For more troubleshooting of internet disconnecting issue, please refer to this thread: What if TP-Link Router Disconnects from Internet?

Options
2023-12-14 01:46:27
Options
2023-12-14 04:03:22

@Darkos-Salazar1 

Hi, I've seen your new thread and replied, we could follow up your case in that thread: Desconexion de Internet

Options