EAP 225-Outdoor no power on the antenna (green light)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-22 21:02:43 - last edited 2023-07-24 06:40:53
Tags: #Installation #power off
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello I've problem with connection to EAP 225-Outdoor. 

The power is on, on ac dc adapter but off on outodorr antena.

I using the orginal ac adapter, also I tried on (TL-POE160S - it doesn't work).

Tried on cables:

- Cat 5, 5E

- Cat 6

- Cat 8

The main cable Cat 6 - doesnt' work also.

Other time I've tried on ac adapter there was the green light blinking (the video: https://youtu.be/pfAWz3yp5uM ).

Please help me

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP 225-Outdoor no power on the antenna (green light)-Solution
2023-07-23 09:25:58 - last edited 2023-07-24 06:40:53

@SDaN Not sure what the blinking LED means. My first guess would be an abnormality with the device to which it is connected. Since you have tried multiple cables and another POE adapter, I would suspect the EAP225 itself. 

If you have another device with the same POE specs, see if the adapter and cable successfully power the device. That will eliminate the adapter and cable as the issue for the most part.

Look at the terminals inside the Ethernet Port on the EAP225. I have seen instances where something like a small piece of debris has gotten inside and blocked terminal(s). 

Did you purchase the EAP225 OD new? If so try to exchange.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP 225-Outdoor no power on the antenna (green light)-Solution
2023-07-23 09:25:58 - last edited 2023-07-24 06:40:53

@SDaN Not sure what the blinking LED means. My first guess would be an abnormality with the device to which it is connected. Since you have tried multiple cables and another POE adapter, I would suspect the EAP225 itself. 

If you have another device with the same POE specs, see if the adapter and cable successfully power the device. That will eliminate the adapter and cable as the issue for the most part.

Look at the terminals inside the Ethernet Port on the EAP225. I have seen instances where something like a small piece of debris has gotten inside and blocked terminal(s). 

Did you purchase the EAP225 OD new? If so try to exchange.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 393

Replies: 1

Tags

Installation
power off
Related Articles