Tp Link C6 Gigabit MU-MIMO

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-24 06:48:27
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.15 Build 20220923 rel.62166(5553)

I bought an TP-Link Archer C6 Gigabit  MU-MIMO Wireless Router, from Croma on Jan 2023 and started using it a day back with 50 mbps speed from my ISP. However, after 6 months, I am facing an issue where in the download speed drops suddenly. My bandwidth provided by my ISP is 50 Mbps but sometimes the speed drops to 1 Mbps and I checked plugging in an another router so as to rule out the problem with the ISP, but the speed is fine with other router. and also if i connect my laptop via ethernet it is showing 50mbps everytime i check on speedtest . This issue is happening on all the devices connected to the Router. The current firmware version which is installed is 1.0.15 Build 20220923 rel.62166 and there are no updates available via the app. Is there any way to fix this issue?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tp Link C6 Gigabit MU-MIMO
2023-07-24 10:00:59

@Issak 

You should be on the latest firmware for Archer C6 V3.20 already.

Do you enable QoS or Parental Control settings on the router? If you are not sure, I would suggest resetting it to factory defaults by logging into the router web page, Advanced - System Tools - Backup & Restore - Restore. Then try configuring it and connecting back online, and test and observe the speed without modifying any advanced settings.

If the speed is good, then modify a setting at a time to find out what changes lower the speed.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Tp Link C6 Gigabit MU-MIMO
2023-07-26 02:29:39

@Issak 

You mean all wired and wireless devices connected to the router has the low speed, or only wireless devices?

If only wireless devices slow, you could try to change Wi-Fi channel and channel width on Advanced->Wireless->Wireless Settings page, test both 2.4G and 5G WiFi speed again.

Options