Deco topology forcing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco topology forcing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco topology forcing
Deco topology forcing
2023-07-27 15:45:06
Tags: #Topology
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.4

Hello 

Maybe i am asking a dumb question, please forgive me in advance.

I have 4 decos E4 on 4 different floors.

Main deco at floor 0, others at floors -1, 1 and 2.

Most of the time deco at floor 2 connects to main deco at floor 0 instead of connecting to the closest one at floor 1.

This lead to a low signal from deco at floor 2 and slow speed, while, when it connects to deco at floor 1 it has maximum received signal and highest speed.

Is there a way to force deco at floor 2 to connect at deco at floor 1 (and not at deco floor 0)?

Sometimes I get this results by restarting deco at floor 2 from the app, but I don't want to do it occasionally and frequently.

Thanks in advance for any support and suggestions.

Regards

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco topology forcing
2023-07-27 19:10:18

@19_pc_85 

With Deco E4, these are the options you have:

1. Move Deco floor 2 and Main Deco further apart from each other, so that Deco floor 2 can't connect to Main Deco. If signal between them is weak already, few additional feet or meters may do the trick;

or

2. Make Ethernet link between Deco floor 2 and another Deco (floor 1 or Main). You can do that with Ethernet cable, Ethernet over coax cable (MoCA) or with powerline adapters.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 233

Replies: 1

Tags

Topology
Related Articles