Deco E4 topology problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco E4 topology problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco E4 topology problem
Deco E4 topology problem
2023-11-17 23:11:31
Tags: #Topology
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone.

I have a problem with my deco E4 network.

I have 4 decos E4 in a building of 4 floors distributed as the schema below.

Main deco is on floor 0.

I expected connections as per Blue line but:

Deco on floor -1 is always connecting to deco0 with poor signal strength even if the are one right below the other.

Deco on floor 2 always connecting to deco0 with poor signal strength instead of connecting to deco1 which is closer and has a strong signal towards deco0.

Is there any improvement?

I already tried to move deco2 and deco0 further away from each other but no change happened.

I also placed an aluminum foil below deco2 trying to reduce the signal str6feom deco0 but it didn't work.

Can you please help?

Thanks in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco E4 topology problem
2023-11-20 12:13:46

@19_pc_85 

Hi, Are you able to connect satellite Deco units via Ethernet cables to each other, such as:

the first main Deco E4--Floor0----<cable>---floor -1

<cable>---floor 1----<cable or Wi-Fi> floor 2

The current firmware of Deco does not support manually selecting the signal source yet. Creating an Ethernet Backhaul between Deco units might help redeploy the network topology and improve the overall speed.

It is also suggested to refer to this link for more advice:

Why does the farther satellite Deco always tend to connect to the main Deco?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Deco E4 topology problem
2023-11-20 13:33:22 - last edited 2023-11-20 13:38:10

@David-TP thanks for the answer.

Unfortunately I am not able to pass an etherntet cable through the floors, I expected to bypass this problem with the decos.

From the article you sent, seems that it is not only the distance but also the number of devices connected and their throughput.

But how would it be better to connect to a deco which is 2 floors below instead of one which is 1 floor below? with the standard wi fi from the ISP modem on floor0 the signal doesn't event arrive to floor 2...

Do you all have any suggestion to improve the situation? E.g. is there any configuration ?

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 296

Replies: 2

Tags

Topology
Related Articles