Archer MR500 daily downtime

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-29 02:19:48
Model: Archer MR500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 220818 Rel.69350n

I have had this modem/router for nearly two weeks. Currently 21 clients; there are two hard wired inputs. I have used this daily for the time that I have had it with around 80+ GB throughput. It could be a lot more, but somehow it got reset and now only showing 12 GB. It works extremely well for the most part; excellent WiFi and acceptable 4g reception. Once - occasionally twice - a day, it stops working, devices gradually disconnect, although even the ones still showing a very strong WiFi signal will no longer actually 'talk' to the router. All of the router lights still bright and shiny, other devices on the same provider still working - that's three telephones with Three SIMs - but no internet connection - unsurprising with no WiFi connections operable, although the directly connected devices also lose linkage. As nothing will 'talk' to it anymore, it necessitates a manual intervention, turning it off then back on again, after which it carries on as though nothing happened.

Is this something that requires returning and replacing this router, either with one of the same, or a reliable competitor, or maybe something that can be repaired or at the very least explained? I was hoping to use this instead of my cable supplier, but now I am loathe to cancel that service if this one is going to be unreliable.

I could still just return this and get another cable supplier instead of course.

Options
15 Reply
Re:Archer MR500 daily downtime
2023-07-31 03:32:41

@Richard_Neal 

Hi, could you please download the latest firmware from the official website and update it manually?

Firmware Download for Archer MR500(EU) V1

Upgrade Instruction (Local Upgrade): How to upgrade the firmware of TP-Link Wireless Dual Band 4G LTE Router

After that, if the problem still happens, please don't restart it, login the web interface of the MR500 and share with us screenshots of Advanced->Status page along with system log file.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-07-31 13:30:08

@Sunshine 

Thank you for the update file that I received ths morning, I have uploaded it to the modem and it is currently working again.

I had looked at that option in the menu previously, but it had always maintained that I was up to date.

The last couple of days it had worked without complaint, but this morning it disconnected yet again. Having now updated the firmware, I will see if I can get uninterrupted use.

If there is to be further failure, and it does so as previously, I won't be able to extract Advanced Status, as the failure has always before locked out all of the devices - even the wired ones. I will see what the future holds.

Thank you for your assistance.

Options
2023-08-01 08:24:20

@Richard_Neal 

Thank you very much for the update, hope the new firmware solves the issue, let us know if there is any further issue.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-03 12:09:27

@Sunshine 

This time I achieved nearly three days of uninterrupted operation.

Herein the information that you requested.

The lights were down by two this time.

The signal received by another SIM on the same provider shown below is not fantastic, but allows reasonable operation. Download speed varies between 3 Mbps and 30 Mbps.

Options
2023-08-03 12:25:13

@Sunshine 

I have just realised that the system log was required; I will get it on the next failure.

Options
2023-08-04 15:39:06

@Sunshine 

I think that I have everything that you would need now, but the file fails to upload every time (the file button appears to be greyed out). I could either insert the whole log file here - very long - or send it some other way. In the meantime herewith the status page.

Options
2023-08-04 15:56:00

@Sunshine 

So apparently it is text files that it doesn't like. Here is the log file.

File:
Log.docxDownload
Options
2023-08-06 00:13:20

@Richard_Neal 

I have exacly the same issue but it started after i upgraded firmware to the latest version

Options
2023-08-06 08:17:30

@Patronus1999 

It could be that a return to a former version would be a solution then, although the update that was recommended to me slightly improved its resilience. The original 'out of the box' condition for me only allowed a maximum of one day's use.

Options
2023-08-09 22:38:33 - last edited 2023-08-09 22:41:44

@Richard_Neal 

I think I resolved this issue in my case, for some reason my mr500 after firmware update had 2 default APN profiles 1 for ipv4 and 1 for ipv6 and was randomly switching between them. On ipv6 profile my router had no IP. So i created new APN profile only on ipv4 and set it up on router as a default, since then it working perfectly fine.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2039

Replies: 15

Related Articles