No wifi devices in client list

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-29 11:42:56
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 Build 20230219 rel.69802(5553)

The title says it all as others have said.  I have no WiFi devices in my client list.  I am able to connect to WiFi.  However, I cannot open the tp link router gui unless I set my WiFi to 2.4g.  I am unable to access anything on my network unless I use 2.4g.  I have the most up to date current firmware.  I have restored factory defaults, I have rebooted.  Does anyone know how to remedy this? There are a LOT of threads with this exact issue and I have yet to find a fix in any of them.  Is the fix an ASUS or NETGEAR?

Options
3 Reply
Re:No wifi devices in client list
2023-07-31 09:26:13

@IH784 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. Do you mean the 5G Wireless clients are unable to access the router web interface or access other local hosts within the same network, but internet still works?

2. Please make sure you are not connected to guest network

3. Please disable Smart Connect on Advanced->Wireless->Wireless Settings page, set different wireless network names for the 2.4G and 5G WiFi

4. If the problem still exists, please try to ping the router IP address on wireless clients to see if ping works: How to Use the Ping Command

Options
2023-07-31 15:30:27
Yeah no. I tried pinging the router with my device and the request timed out every time. The devices will connect to the internet but I’m unable to log into the router wirelessly unless I’m using 2.4G. I cannot access anything on my network by ip address. I’ll try disabling the smart connect. However, there are a lot of threads with this exact issue both with this router and other TP links with no known remedy that I’ve seen. Thank you for the suggestion.
Options
2023-07-31 16:47:15 - last edited 2023-07-31 16:48:04

@IH784 

Hi,

Since this doesn't appear to be a general issue with this router model (as otherwise there should be hundrets or even thausands of complaints here) I would still think that is must be down to a particullar use case.

If you'd still like to do some further testing, could you try the following?

1) Exept for the power cable, disconnect all other cables from the AX1800 router (and also USB device, in case there is)
2) Perform a Factory Defaults Restore, either via the router GUI or by pressing and holding the physical reset button
3) After the AX1800 has booted up again connect a wireless device to the 5GHz SSID "TP-Link_xxxx_5G" of your AX1800 (the actual default SSID name and wireless password are printed on the label on the underside of the router)
4) Now try to open the router GUI of the AX1800, either via http://tplinkwifi.net or http://192.168.0.1

A note for step 3. Some client devices notoriously refuse to stay connected to a network that doesn't provide Internet access. If that is the case, then you temporarily need to stop the other Internet connections the client device is able to switch to.

Options