MR3220 modem unplugged

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

MR3220 modem unplugged

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
MR3220 modem unplugged
MR3220 modem unplugged
2013-08-06 01:07:49
Region : Portugal

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 3.15.2 Build 130423 Rel.61823n

ISP : Optimus

Hi, I have the MR3220 working for 1 year and never had a problem (location A). Now, I tried to use the router in another geographic location (location B or C) and it stopped working well with the modem. Here is the scenario:

HW MR3220v2
FW 3.15.2 Build 130423 Rel.61823n (it was on the 2012 firmware when detected this problem, upgraded to this one and the problem persists)
Modem Huawei E392u-12

Tests:

Location A - I can connect to internet with modem connected on computer or to router (ether or wifi)

Location B or C (both completely geographical diferent) - I can connect to internet with modem connected on computer (have speeds of 21Mbps d/l and 16Mbps u/l). When modem directly on router, it does not seem to recognize, returning unplugged. Some time it recognizes, but it turns to unplugged when I try to do a connect. I already upgraded to latest firmware, uploaded again the modem bin file "E392u-12_vid(12d1)_pid(1505)_file(5)_entry(1)" from TPLink site, deactivated all other configs from router that are not needed for the test (wifi, ...), but the problem persists. Rebooted the router without modem connected, waited a while, connected modem, and still gives unplugged. When going back to the modem on PC, it always work ok. I have attached a clean log file from the reboot, connect the modem directly to the USB port after a while, the router recognizes the modem and immediatly after, returns unplugged.

Does anyone have any idea on what may be the problem?

Thanks for any help!
File:
Syslog.txtDownload
Options
3 Reply
Re:MR3220 modem unplugged
2013-08-09 15:18:43
From the log, i found the router won't recognize your USB modem. It must be a compatibility issue.
Geographic location and ISP affect compatibility. In my understanding, ISP usually customizes a certain modem. It is understandable that the same modem works with ISP A but won't work properly with ISP B.
In your case, you may give a try on different firmware of this router. I have no idea if that could help.
Options
2013-08-12 22:14:47
Thanks Matthew, the problem is that ISP is always the same. Also, I have the latest router and modem firmware.

Meanwhile, I figure out a bit more for this misterious problem. The router works fine when the modem has 4G coverage. The problem occurs when there is no 4G coverage and only 3G. When this occurs, the router does not recognize the modem. There is no problem with the modem itself since when connected to the PC it works fine for both situations.

Is it normal that the router does not recocnize the modem Huawei E392u-12 when it is on 3G? Is there any option on the router to check if it is forcing the modem to regist only on 4G?

Thanks for any possible clue!
Options
2013-08-13 16:14:00
Sorry I am not sure whether it is normal or not. There is no such an option on the router to check if it is forcing the modem to register only on 4G.
For further details, you may send the syslog to tplink support team.
Options