One-to-One NAT port forwarding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-01 06:20:15 - last edited 2023-08-02 09:25:34
Tags: #WAN Setup #NAT

I am trying to create a port forwarding for my ip camera, i have a static ip address for my WAN . (let say 123.4.5.250 / 29)

I want to use 123.4.5.251 for my ip camera.

I did test this and it show on my PC (inside the network)

But then i test it on my phone (using mobile data) it does not work.

I think i have a conflict here (im trying to limit the ip address that can access my controller via WAN & WAN/LAN1 port.

Can someone enlighten me ?

Also can the One-to-One NAT forward a specific port? (ex. 192.168.0.250:5XXX) -> 123.4.5.251 or 123.4.5.251:5XXX 

Thanks!

Options
10 Reply
Re:One-to-One NAT port forwarding
2023-08-01 06:35:18

Hi @Jeesoon1 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

What port does your IPC use? Open it up then. Not One-to-one NAT. Use port forwarding.

If you are not using 80 and 443, when you access your camera, you need to use this format: WAN_IP:source_port

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-02 03:48:22

Hi  @Clive_A 

So the WAN in selected Interface does not only refer to 123.4.5.250 but to 123.4.5.250/29 ?

Does this sample make sense? Example port 8080

If i browse this as 123.4.5.251:8080 this should work ?

Options
2023-08-02 06:13:32

Hi @Jeesoon1 

Exactly. This is right. Tip: You can change Source Port to a non-occupied port.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-02 08:48:50

Hi  @Clive_A 

Well it does work and does not work as i want.

For testing, i plug a wireless access point (archer c7) -> private ip of 192.168.20.195 and open all ports.

I browse it via my static IP XXX.XXX.XXX.199 and it work

I wanted to use XXX.XXX.XXX.200, i think this should on One-to-One NAT ?

Options
2023-08-02 08:59:12

Hi @Jeesoon1 

Do you own this IP address? Does your ISP allow you to use it? If no, you are thinking this totally wrong.

I am not sure why you are so focused on one-to-one NAT. I even double-read your original post you said you only have 1 IP address. You are doing nothing but simple port forwarding. How to configure One-to-One NAT on Safestream routers using the new GUI

Options
2023-08-02 09:04:52 - last edited 2023-08-02 09:25:34

@Clive_A 

I state that i have a static ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx / 29 (with a /29 or 255.255.255.248) 

from 250 up to 254, and yes my ISP allow me to use it, we pay for it.

Also i did not say that i have 1, i just said i have a static ip address.

Options
2023-08-02 09:21:20

Hi @Jeesoon1 

Fine. I just say what I have to say and focus on your question. There are some ISP providing subnets like that but that does not mean you own the rest of the IPs. If you are 100% certain that your ISP's contract allows you to use them, then it's my mistake.

Back to the question, as you've tested that Archer can be port forwarded very well and you say that you own the IPs on your WAN, you should set up one-to-one NAT like this and it should work.

Still, use your Archer as an example. So, you should access the 123.4.5.200 and it redirects you to the Archer.

Options
2023-08-04 01:05:49

Hi @Jeesoon1 

Is there any update on this?

Options
2023-08-07 00:44:20 - last edited 2023-08-07 00:44:55

@Clive_A 

Well, if you would just read my initial post slowly maybe you can also notice that i already did it, and i am facing a problem regarding accessing it outside of the network, that is why i am asking for a little knowledge if somewhat the other settings are making a conflict.

It works inside the network.

It does not work outside of the network.

Options
2023-08-07 01:19:17

Hi @Jeesoon1 

I am asking if your ISP literally guarantees you these IP addresses and I have explained why. Have you verified that? If that One-to-one does not work, then the IP seems does not belong to you. That's why you fail to make it work.

There is no way that we can verify or troubleshoot that. If port forwarding works, that means the NAT function works which indicates that One-to-one NAT also works or should work as expected if you own that IP address. If not, still suggest you contact your ISP for this.

If you can contact ISP and get an email verification and proclaim that you do own these IP addresses, I can escalate this as I can verify both your settings and IPs are correct. Now, I cannot do that since the subnet does not mean you own these IP addresses which is a misconception not convincing to me. Network does not work that way.

If you believe this is a router issue, you can try a different one and verify that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 678

Replies: 10

Tags

Related Articles