Archer AX1500 (hw. AX12 v1.0) periodically drops WiFi connections in AP mode

99 Reply
Re:Archer AX1500 (hw. AX12 v1.0) periodically drops WiFi connections in AP mode
2023-10-25 01:15:26
Options
2023-10-25 02:44:14

@MarceloAS 

Hi, could you please try to change the 5G WiFi channel on the Archer A12 from auto to a static one? channel 36, 48, 52 or 149 are recommended.

And please also make sure QoS is disabled.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-29 11:46:38

@Tschabha no luck

Options
2023-10-29 14:33:56

@Sunshine 

I have the same problem. I even bought this model to put it in AP mode with other devices also in AP mode. I uploaded this beta firmware, but now I can't go back to the original factory firmware. My model is ArcherAX 12 (BR). I'm trying to go back to the factory version Archer AX12(BR)_V1_1.0.25 Build 20230809  but even in rescue mode, an error occurs at 40%. There's a way to recovery and wait to production release? 

Thanks.

Options
2023-10-30 02:31:30

@GNNB 

Hi, may I know if the WiFi disconnecting issue in AP mode has been resolved after installing the beta firmware? and why do you need to downgrade to previous firmware?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-30 02:40:23

@MarceloAS 

Hi, we would like to escalate your case to the support engineers, and they will help follow it up, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.    

Options
2023-10-31 03:36:04

@Sunshine 

Hi. I noticed an issue with 802.11 ax mode. If the  a/n/ac/ax mode is configured in AX12, and another device (Archer C6 for example) is configured with a/n/ac mode (both with same SSID and in AP mode), some clients have problems to make handover between the access points and can't connect in AX12. However, if differents SSID are created, even in differents modes (ax and ac), there's no problem and the clients connect with no issues. About firmware, i would like to use production release, because in my point of view, the issue in question was not resolved definitely and I believe that is my right choose what firmware to use. How can I know if I'll can update again, if at this moment, I can't go back to factory firmware (even in rescue mode)? 

Thanks!

Options
2023-11-01 02:23:51

@GNNB 

Hi, the current beta firmware does not allow for downgrade, but future new firmware update will be still working.

By the way, by rescue mode, do you mean the Method 2 in this guide: How to recover the router when it bricked?

Options
2023-11-20 13:24:13

@Sunshine 

is the issue still unresolved?

is the firmware still beta?

Options
2023-11-20 22:42:47 - last edited 2023-11-20 22:44:18

@Sunshine Can confirm I've also hit this issue, spent two full days trying all kinds of configurations oddities until I found this thread.

Have an aging wifi infrastructure, covering 3 floors in a large house and have the main Internet router (a Sagemcon Fastspeed) and 2 APs wired over Ethernet to the router - all three of them running 2.4GHz and 5GHz wifi with same SSID across. As soon as I introduced even the first AX12 also using same SSID but set to different wifi channels, problems started to crop up with clients unable to connect, and connected clients not able to see Internet.

I pushed forward, configuring all 3 AX12 as APs (disabling DHCP, hardcoding IP addresses, etc.) and disabled all 3 original AP/router for wifi, and it only became worse, practically all the time, clients couldn't connect and/or failed internet connection, even when there were no other AP/router on the same SSID. So AX12 APs alone sharing same SSID is enough to create havoc.

If more details on technical setup is needed, let me know.

I'm quite tempted to try the beta version - but given if this doesn't work I will need to sell of the AX12 as used equipment, and coming with beta firmware that can't be downgraded to production firmware basically makes them expensive door stops. So trying to hold out to this being rolled into the next official firmware upgrade - but when is that?

Also seeing some of the reports on deterioation when clients transfers from on AP to another, so that has me worried a bit.

Going the EasyMesh route could also be an option - but AX12 also yet doesn't have EasyMesh over Ethernet backhaul and not a clear statement this will come (as it already have for many other of the closest models in the AX router series).

Was surprised running into this many problems considering it was to replace 10 year old APs / routers also from TPLink and NetGear.

Options

Tags

Access Point Mode
Dropping connection
Related Articles