changing Ip address in router turns error. page not available.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-04 03:47:30
Model: Archer C5  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4

I am trying to extend my internet connection with this tp link archer C5 router. when i try to change ip address in LAN settings it turns error after saving the process after that i am not able to access the router with default ip address 192.168.0.1 or changed ip address 192.168.0.100. i have to reset the router using reset button. otherwise its not working. what may be the issue. firmware for this router also not available in TP link website.

Options
11 Reply
Re:changing Ip address in router turns error. page not available.
2023-08-04 12:37:22

Idhaya wrote

when i try to change ip address in LAN settings it turns error after saving the process 

@Idhaya 

What exactly is the error? Could you please post a screenshot?

Idhaya wrote

after that i am not able to access the router with default ip address 192.168.0.1 or changed ip address 192.168.0.100. 

Have you also tried with other IP addresses, perhaps 192.168.0.99 ? 

What are the settings of the router's DHCP server? 192.168.0.100 might be the first address in the DHCP server's address pool, so it is possible that DHCP has already assigned 192.168.0.100 to another network device. Having the same address twice within a network causes havoc.

Options
2023-08-05 17:14:54
When i tried to change the LAN ip address to 192.168.0.100. Its showing as saving configuration. After 100 percent complete page turns black. Cant access the router using 192.168.0.100 or with old ip address 192.168.0.1. Finally i have to reset the router after that only i am able to access the router home page. With the ip 192.168.0.1 I didnt try with ip address 192.168.0.99.Let me try with 192.168.0.99 ip address and post you a screenshot.
Options
2023-08-06 04:58:05

@Idhaya i tried with changing ip address of router 192.168.0.99 same error. First the router given by my local isp provider and i am not purchased it. The firmware for this version also not available in tp link website. I am not able to access the router with LAN cable. I did all using wifi connection only and unsuccessful.

Why the firmware not available for this router version?

Why i am not able to connect router with LAN CABLE

Checked LAN cable. Its working fine.

Pls help

Options
2023-08-06 14:21:11

@Idhaya 

Apparently, firmware for specialized ISP router models is only available via the ISP, not from TP-Link.

I don't know what's going on with the LAN ports, but maybe your ISP intentionally disabled them?
Does the GUI of your Archer C5 have some sort of Status page that shows the status of the LAN ports? What does your router's GUI look like?

Since we don't know what happens to the router's LAN IP address after it has been changed you could test the following.
- Change the LAN IP address one more.
- Disconnect your Wi-Fi connection and then re-connect again.
- Open a command prompt on your computer and run the command "ipconfig /all".
- Look for the addresses of the "Default Gateway" (as well as DHCP server and DNS server). It should normally indicate the current LAN IP address of the router.

Options
2023-08-06 14:37:02

@idhaya Hi,

Does the device whose IP address you changed have internet access?

Does the computer get ip when you connect from the LAN port?

Is the internet cable coming to the device plugged into the wan port?

You can try as tplinkwifi.net only if you cannot enter the interface.

Options
2023-08-06 15:56:20

i have attached screenshot. ipconfig/all is showing 192.168.0.99 as ip address but i can access the router console with 192.168.0.1. total confusion.

i tried changing ip address of router its not working.

File:
Untitled.jpgDownload
Options
2023-08-06 15:58:31 - last edited 2023-08-06 16:00:53

@yavuzy 

Does the device whose IP address you changed have internet access? no

Does the computer get ip when you connect from the LAN port?  no

Is the internet cable coming to the device plugged into the wan port?  yes

You can try as tplinkwifi.net only if you cannot enter the interface. its not working as well

Options
2023-08-06 23:22:36

@Idhaya

As already has been mentioned, this router model is distributed by the ISPs. Here's a newer FW release for this router model.

Keep in mind that if you upgrade the router FW, you may no longer be able to use it with your ISP, so you'll be doing that on your own risk.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-08-07 15:05:21 - last edited 2023-08-07 15:06:22

I changed my isp so i want to use this router as wireless extender. Thank you for the firmware but i am not able to connect the router with LAN CABLE. So how can i update the firmware. Shall i update the firmware with wifi connected to PC?

Options
2023-08-07 15:16:02

@Idhaya i used wifi connection to upgrade the firmware. Extracted the. bin file unsuccessful. Error - 4503. The uploaded file was not accepted 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1394

Replies: 11

Related Articles