Problems connecting to Deco M9 plus

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-05 15:07:40
Model: Deco M9 Plus   Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6.1 in M9 and 1.7.1 in M5

Having problems with the mesh at home lately, since a month or so with some products losing connection to my wifi mesh, two amazon fire tvs lose connection and its is very difficult to get them in the mesh again. Also a windows 11 computer sometimes refuses to connect to the wifi or connects but says No Internet while the rest of my products have internet without problems (some 45 other)

I have been using the tpLink M9s for some years now without major problems, but since a month or so these lost connection is giving me headaches. I tried to erase the whole mesh, and reset all 4 M9s and the only M5 I have to factory and start again from ground up to no avail, they behave the same way...

please help

Options
1 Reply
Re:Problems connecting to Deco M9 plus
2023-08-05 15:28:23 - last edited 2023-08-05 16:23:40

@me61ic 

It is possible your Deco mesh runs out of IP addresses, due to devices using "MAC address randomization."

To confirm (or dismiss) this theory, assign static IP addresses to both Fire TVs and to Windows 11 computer. If that stabilizes connectivity for these three devices, it may be that Deco is running out of IP addresses. If not, the problem is somewhere else. See How to configure Address Reservation on a Deco

Also make sure MAC address randomization is turned off on Windows computer - Google "How to Turn on Random Hardware Addresses in Windows 11/10" and make sure it is OFF.

----------------

I have two M9 Plus and two M5s in my Deco mesh, they run without issues and are on latest firmware.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 471

Replies: 1

Related Articles