Deco XE75 is dropping clients from WiFi network

Deco XE75 is dropping clients from WiFi network

14 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 is dropping clients from WiFi network
2024-05-22 19:11:24

Superdeleted wrote

@Fl1nst0ne thanks for your input but I don't believe so as this all started happening without any new devices being added to the network. I'll also add after going back to look at some of the logs again, that whatever issue I was having that day righted itself but the dropped clients is still in full effect and my logs appear to be identical the the original posters. With devices not being found in the arp table and being disconnected after counter 2.

Also I have this error spammed all over in the logs:

apsd_check_eth_has_neigh:1432: Error: can't find ifname[eth1.591] in eth_ifname

but I don't know what it means. I did a search in google though and it seems to pull up lots of users reports of it in troubleshooting so I guess I have some reading to do. 

@Superdeleted 

just to add that I am seeing this behaviour with my system, in particular with Apple HomeKit devices and I have also noted the same ifname error in the logs 

Options
2024-05-23 13:39:57

@AirMax2023 Upgrade to fw 1.2.8

Options
2024-05-23 14:46:50

@Ereyos 

I was on 1.2.9 having those issues but yesterday I had a scheduled teamviewer meeting with a TP-Link support engineer. He put me on the current beta firmware and then made a bunch of adjustments directly to the devices via a console connection and now I have never seen it better. Time will tell but if it stays this way it would be amazing. The problem I face now is being patient because he wanted me to take a few days without adding devices or rebooting the devices to see if his edits are in fact working.

Fingers crossed that they hold because so far the network has never been this fast. All of the smart home devices I've had have reacted instantly to my automations. Camera feeds come up right away and not 3-5 seconds after clicking to view etc.

Options
2024-05-27 01:04:16

@AirMax2023 Using XE75 V2.0 with latest posted firmware 1.2.5 . WiFi router mode it seems to behave well. My desired setting is in Access Point mode because I want the router to manage devices on the network. My router is a Firewalla Gold SE. I don't know if there is some deficiency between the two devices in the first place but given others have drop out problems I think it is the behavior of the XE75. That is what I am going with for now...

I just bought the 2 satellite mesh just a few months ago. It started with a rare drop out on wifi and over time it progressed to being more frequent. In fact it caused havoc on my network and caused problems with my wired devices. Wifi devices just had a constant annoying signal drop out - not great for streaming of any kind. It caused problems with wired devices. With my work laptop's VPN didn't work wired or wireless - figured this out with using a wifi hot spot. Also my wired media server I had to rebuild after many attempts because it wasn't behaving properly either - I just didn't know what was going on. What resolved this situation was with a factory reset of the XE75 system, at least temporarily. Everything is now behaving in Wifi router mode. I tried going back to Access Point mode but I can foresee it is coming back with single infrequent drop outs ... so I placed it back into wifi router mode.

Not sure what to do at this point. I can find similar posts on Reddit but posting here. XE75 works but I rather have my router manage devices on the network, that is why I want to get back to having Access Point mode.

So I will post here and maybe a near term firmware update would help ... just hoping.

Options

Tags

Firmware Update
Wifi Disconnect issues
Related Articles