My TP-LINK T3U PLUS keeps disconnecting.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-13 21:31:02
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

it constantly disconnects, I've tried four methods.

- restarting my computer

- switching ports

- using a different computer

- installing the necessary drivers

and none of them worked.

is there any other solution to this problem?

Options
3 Reply
Re:My TP-LINK T3U PLUS keeps disconnecting.
2023-08-14 09:49:54

@LuLoo 

Hi,

By "different computer" do you mean a different computer of the same model or a computer with completely different hardware?

Options
2023-08-15 05:56:59

@woozle A computer with completely different hardware

Options
2023-08-15 15:18:38

@LuLoo 

Have you already tested if the disconnects happen on both bands? Like, if you used to connect to the 5 GHz Wi-Fi network of your router, then connect to the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network instead and see if it also happens there.
In certain cases interferences from other wireless devices (not Wi-Fi) could lead to disconnects, so if only either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz was affected, then it could point to something like that.

Also make sure the T3U Plus receives a reasonably strong signal from the router. A weak signal could also lead to disconnects.

If none of the above is the case, then maybe try out the Realtek driver from the following link. This should be the newest driver that is available for your hardware right now.

https://station-drivers.com/index.php/en-us/component/remository/Drivers/Realtek/Wireless-(Wifi)/RTL8192RU-8188CU-8188CUS-8192CU..../Realtek-RTL8812AU-8192RU-...-Version-1030.44.0727.2022-WHQL/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 460

Replies: 3

Related Articles