Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA) for VoIP not working when connected through Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA) for VoIP not working when connected through Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-13 22:14:37
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.12.10 Build 230208 Rel.38878n(5553)

Hi,

I have an Analog Telephone Adapter (Grandstream HT802) for VoIP. It works fine when connected as modem -> ATA. However, it doesn't work through Archer C80 (modem -> router -> ATA). 

The LAN port where the ATA is connected is picked up by the router. It is set at full duplex 100Mbit/s and assigned an IP address. However, the phone doesn't work.

The internet/VoIP provider asked me to contact TP-link. Is there any setting I need to change on the router?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA) for VoIP not working when connected through Router
2023-08-14 04:48:19

@SolarClutter 

That's probably caused by the C80 NAT. Your ATA device may need port-forwarding if the C80 is in wireless router mode and the ATA is connected to the C80.

You will want to have obtained specific information from your VoIP provider, including the SIP signaling ports (typically UDP ports 5060 and 5061) and the RTP port range that their service uses to negotiate for voice traffic (These port ranges are also UDP, but may vary in range.).   Additionally find out if any other additional ports would be required for their service.

Actually you can confirm if the port-forwarding is causing the issue by setting C80 in AP mode (Case 1). In this case setting a port-forwarding won't be needed.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA) for VoIP not working when connected through Router
2023-08-14 10:04:42 - last edited 2023-08-14 10:07:17

@SolarClutter 

Hi,

If I may add another bit of information.

Beside what terziyski suggested you might also want to read the section titled "NAT Settings" in the official user guide for your Grandstream device, which can be found via the link below.

https://documentation*grandstream*com/knowledge-base/ht80x-user-guide/#nat-settings

(you need to replace * with .)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 825

Replies: 2

Related Articles