4G router needs constant restarting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-14 08:11:26 - last edited 2023-08-14 09:20:09
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 220506 Rel.57555n

Hi all,

Every hour my router drops internet.

Restarting it or removing the sim card restores it but it's very tough to have constantly dropping service. 

This has been happening for the past 48 hours. 

The router has 2-3 bars of reception but has been working for the past 3 months flawlessly.

My mobile phone is on the same network (EE) and isn't having the same issues so (correctly or not) I assume it is an issue with the router.

The router connects to a Google Nest Mesh system by ethernet but when the internet drops, it's for both the router's wifi and the google system.

I have the latest software version.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Below are screenshots of the system when it is working.

Options
1 Reply
Re:4G router needs constant restarting
2023-08-15 08:42:40 - last edited 2023-08-15 08:43:43

@Wheelerbin 

Hi, could you please share with us screenshots when you lose internet access on the MR6400? 

Based on the current screenshot, it is working on 4G band 3 when internet works fine, If the 4G band changes a lot especially when LTE disconnects, please try to select the 4G band 3 manually to see if it would be more stable:

How to select 4G band manually on the web interface of LTE Gateway Routers

If the problem still happens frequently, please share with us a complete log file after the issue happens.

By the way, please verify the hardware version of your router on the device label to see if it is V5.0, V5.20 or V5.30, also make sure it is using the latest firmware.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 559

Replies: 1

Related Articles