How to connect 2 wifi routers to create one SSID wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-15 05:24:56 - last edited 2023-08-18 08:20:54

Hi,

I have two Archer C6 mesh wifi routers. I want to connect them via ethernet cable to extend wifi coverage in my home. I want them to provide same wifi network (same SSID) to allow devices to seamlessly connect to router with stronger signal.
What is the best way how to do it?
Is there some step by step article that I can follow?

Thank you

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to connect 2 wifi routers to create one SSID wifi -Solution
2023-08-16 02:47:27 - last edited 2023-08-18 08:20:54

@Makak 

Hi, in that case, you could connect the second router to the main router via Ethernet cable and configure the second router as an Access Point:

How to configure the TP-Link wireless router as Access Point (Case 1)

Then you could change the wireless network name and password on the access point to make it the same as the main router.

Please note that they are not mesh network, the roaming depends on your client devices and it is not seamless roaming.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:How to connect 2 wifi routers to create one SSID wifi
2023-08-15 07:10:16

@Makak 

Hi, if your two Archer C6 are both V4, which supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, you could connect the two routers via Ethernet cable to build an EasyMesh network.

Related post: EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

Here are the main steps:

1. Configure the first router to access the internet as main router

2. Don’t configure the satellite router and make sure it is under factory mode, if it was configured before, reset the satellite router to factory defaults first.

3. Connect your main router’s LAN port to the satellite’s LAN port via an Ethernet cable.

Note: When adding a new router to EasyMesh, please use the satellite router’s LAN port as the backhaul port. After EasyMesh is built, all the ports on the satellite router (WAN, LAN, WAN/LAN) are available for Ethernet backhaul.

Options
2023-08-15 08:47:28

@Sunshine 

Thank you very much for the response. Unfortunately my routers version is 3.20, so this probably won't work for me.

Options
Re:How to connect 2 wifi routers to create one SSID wifi -Solution
2023-08-16 02:47:27 - last edited 2023-08-18 08:20:54

@Makak 

Hi, in that case, you could connect the second router to the main router via Ethernet cable and configure the second router as an Access Point:

How to configure the TP-Link wireless router as Access Point (Case 1)

Then you could change the wireless network name and password on the access point to make it the same as the main router.

Please note that they are not mesh network, the roaming depends on your client devices and it is not seamless roaming.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-08-16 07:41:14

@Sunshine 

That worked. Thank you very much for your help!

Options
2023-08-18 08:21:32

@Makak 

Thank you very much for the update, glad to hear that it works. Hope you could enjoy the internet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 620

Replies: 5

Related Articles