Archer AX55 VPN Client Settings and Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-15 11:00:19
Tags: #VPN
Model: Archer AX55 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello guys,

My question is - after setting VPN Client on my router I have added devices, that I have previously connected to my WiFi router, to the Device List that I wish to use VPN connection and then enabled VPN Access for those devices by clicking on the slider "VPN Access". After such configuration, the devices I configured in the router settings will have access to the Internet via VPN all the time, or I have to make some kind of special WiFi connection from my device how it is with choosing between 2.4 or 5Ghz WiFi option? Should there be a VPN option as well or not?

Thank you!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer AX55 VPN Client Settings and Connection
2023-08-15 13:20:34 - last edited 2023-08-15 13:22:35

@crazyduck 

As long as the VPN server in the Server list is enabled the devices in the Device list (with enabled VPN access) will use that VPN connection, whether they are connected via 2.4GHz or 5 GHz wireless band:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-08-15 13:56:48

@terziyski Thank you for clear answer. But is there any way to choose whether to connect with VPN or use normal network connection directly from that very device that has been added to VPN Client Device List? The situation is that I want that device (phone) has ability to connect to VPN, but I also want to have ability to connect to normal network sometimes, is there any way to do this without having me go to router configurations and disable access to VPN for that device every time I want to surf normally?

Options
2023-08-15 18:54:38 - last edited 2023-08-15 18:59:08

@crazyduck 

No, there's not way to do that from the device itself, because this control switch is in the router WebGUI settings - this is the guide for setting up a VPN client.

Here are some more details on teh TP-link VPN Client purpose and setup.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-08-16 03:10:36

@crazyduck 

If you are using OpenVPN Client, you could try this suggestion to see if it works:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/610498?replyId=1212358

Options