Archer C1200 V2 Disk not found

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-17 11:47:12
Tags: #USB Sharing #Archer C1200
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.3 Build 20211219 Rel. 67401 (EU)

Hi,

As stated above, the router doesn't recognize the 12TB Disk with the Scan function on the Setting page (Advanced> USB Settings> Device Settings).

I already Factory reset the router AND updated to the Firmware version stated on the form above.
The Switch mode is set to Router (wi-fi works fine).

The drive works perfectly while connected to the computer and Android Devices.
I formated the drive again (again with NTFS ) just in case, to connect it to the router.

Drive info:

WD Book V3 12TB
Model: WDBBGB0120HBK-EESN
Drive Format: NTFS (since fat32 is limited to 32GB obvs.)
USB Interface: 3.0 (i think)
The drive has 1 Partition (10tb in windows)

The drive is externaly power so the USB power provided by the Router should not be a problem.

Tried to connect an 128Gb exFat USB Pen drive without sucess.

Tried an USB Pen Drive 16Gb, Fat32 and works perfectly (even set it up in windows).

Idk what the problem seems to be.
I didn't find any capacity listing online for this router model (only partition limit to 8 of 2TB each).

What else can i do and what seems to be the problem?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C1200 V2 Disk not found
2023-08-18 06:05:33

@TP-Locked 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

If you are using Windows computer, please reformat the two drives that are not recognized by the router to NTFS in 4096 Bytes (Allocation Unit Size), then plug into the router again to see if it can be detected.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 270

Replies: 1

Tags

USB Sharing
Archer C1200
Related Articles