Deco P9 powerline backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-18 05:47:28 - last edited 2023-10-12 10:14:17

I had set up my new 3unit deco P9. I bought this model to utilize powerline feat as I live in house with thick concrete walls.

While all three units work fine, what puzzles me is that when I open iOS app and look at the main screen, it seems that both additional units are connected through wifi to main Deco and not the powerline - I see a network icon with 2/3 signal.

Is there something I should turn on in the app to make sure Decos are using powerline backhaul?

thanks

m

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco P9 powerline backhaul
2023-08-18 12:01:15

@Martin6 I wonder if it's the same issue as this https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/610798 

It was found that they needed a hard reset with the reset button would get the powerline working maybe a factory flashing error.

"

1. Deleted my entire network in the app.

2. Swapped the decos around and started with a different one as the main unit.

3. Setup main unit from scratch after using reset pin in the back and set the network up again.

4. Plugged in first satellite and again used the reset pin.

5. Confirmed that showed the powerline symbol.

6. Repeated with the other satellite."

Options
2023-08-18 17:29:33

Thanks  @Alexmesh , apreciate quick response ...

What a disapointment!

Frankly, I don't have time to play around with units (reset the network etc...) - I expected that this thing works as advertised, otherwise I would have bougt different unit/vendor - I bought this model because of the powerline.

Options
2023-08-18 17:38:06
Same, but it doesn't seem like there are that many options out there for a powerline mesh all in ones. Also if it's anything like the px50 then you can't change the wifi channel manually and the 2.4ghz mode is stuck on 40mhz bandwidth vs 20mhz and this can cause connectivity problems but there is no way to turn it to 20mhz which is the industry standard. Seems to be more of a problem in crowded areas in the evening when everyone is home from work.
Options
2023-08-18 17:54:30

Thanks  @Alexmesh

Do you know by a chance if they are working on solving this (is it acknowledged bug, something they have on their roadmap to fix soon)?

If it's a dead end, then I'm thinking about returning this and buying something different...

Options
2023-08-18 18:16:50 - last edited 2023-08-18 18:57:08

@Martin6 There's been a thread about this since 2019 https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/163064 they promised all kinds of things in future updates but are yet to deliver to this day. If it wasn't for wifi 6 and g.hn powerline backhaul I would of returned and gone for another product but there arn't any, they just string people along with hopes of firmware updates to add features people have been requesting for years so the return window ends and people are stuck with their kit.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 708

Replies: 5

Related Articles