Can't connect to gaming servers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-20 10:59:12
Model: RE605X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Up to date 1.0.2

When connected to the internet over the range extender I can't enter gaming servers when the repeater switched on all bands in auto configuration device receiving 5 ghz transmitting 5 ghz. the only way to solve this is to switch high speed mode either 2.4 to 5 ghz or 5 to 2.4 ghz. I m also complaining about latency when connected to repeater. If I am connected straight to router no matter weaker signal I m getting better results and no latency at all. I don't benefit no wifi 6 at all on this device despite advertised with wifi 6 feature. while I m playing a game i m disconnecting from the server in a sudden. In every scenario or with different settings sometimes can't connect to game servers in high speed mode. Browsing wep pages are ok. But latency. My router also tp link brand EX20v Looking for suggestions.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Can't connect to gaming servers
2023-08-20 14:15:15

@Forestay 

Hi,

According to this page the EX20v supposedly supports EasyMesh.

Depending on the hardware version of the RE605X it should support EasyMesh as well (V3) or at least support OneMesh (V1, V2).

In case you currently have connected the RE605X in "Range Extender" mode, can you try if it's possible to connect it to the router via EasyMesh or OneMesh instead?

Options
2023-08-20 14:23:50

Hi @woozle  thanks for replying. Unfortunately tether app says that the current main router doesnt support one mesh. so i cant benefit of one mesh feature either.

Options
2023-08-20 14:28:34

@Forestay 

Ok, but are you able to log into the EX230v's web management GUI and check whether it has a menu labeled "EasyMesh"?

Try via http://tplinkwifi.net or http://192.168.0.1 or whatever the LAN IP address of the EX230v is.

Options
2023-08-20 14:36:38

@woozle  I have mesh settings but i dont see anything called easy mesh or one mesh in the settings of my main router GUI.

When i go to mesh settings i have the message below and enable or disable functions it is enabled at the moment.

Mesh is the technology used to create wide-range Wi-Fi networks with multiple mesh-enabled devices.

Note: When Mesh is enabled, band steering will also be enabled and a single SSID Wireless Network Name will be broadcast. Also, the WPS button will be enabled.

Options
2023-08-20 14:46:45

@Forestay 

Well, I would still give it a try, even if the outcome is unknown. Other user's in this forum have been successful joining OneMesh devices with EasyMesh routers.

It merely takes two button presses and roughly one minute of your time.

In case it doesn't succeed you could still try if performing a "factory reset" on the RE605X beforehand makes any difference.

Options
2023-08-20 14:55:35

@woozle  i already tried that i did factory reset to my Extender and used wps button to connect my extender to main router the connection completed succesfully but repeater broadcast with different SSID. so the thing i dont want to deal with switching from one network to another as i go weak signal spots location such as balcony in side my home. 

I will give it a try again. thanks for suggesting.

Options
2023-08-20 15:13:46

@Forestay 

If the SSIDs broadcasted by the RE605X have the _EXT ending, then it means the RE605X (yours is a hardware version v2.0, right?) has connected itself in "Range Extender" mode, but not as a Mesh device.

I guess that means the two devices cannot form a Mesh network with each other (i.e. their Mesh variants are incompatible).

As for the "Range Extender" mode. Due to the way this technology works it can indeed cause problems like the ones you've described.

Options
2023-08-20 15:38:20

@woozle  Yes Hardware Version V2. It is indeed weird EX20v also strong device and cant form one mesh together with the sister device REX605. Both TP link and quite new devices. at least could work well in range extender mode since it is made with that feature apart from one mesh. If a Tp Link Range extender connected to A tp link brand new device and cant perform well then where am i going to connect my range extender?

i think i am slowly giving up of TP Link.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 572

Replies: 8

Related Articles