Votes

Archer AXE75 IP Address Reservation -> Range Increase

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-23 14:45:29
Tags: #IP Address Reservation
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.6 Build 20221208 rel.72102(4555)

Dear All,

First of all, I would like to express my gratitude for developing the (SW/HW) for the exceptional Archer AXE75 router.

Next, I must bring forth a concern. Like many others, in this 21st century, I have numerous IoT devices at home such as smart switches, sensors, and bulbs, all integrated with the home assistant platform. These devices rely on a stable and reliable connection, with many of them requiring fixed IP addresses.

At present, I have nearly 100 of these devices, all seamlessly functioning through the Archer AXE75. However, to my great surprise, I encountered a limitation in the AXE75: a maximum of only 64 IP addresses can be bound to MAC addresses ("Maximum entries exceeded")? This came as a shock to me considering the high-class stature of this home router with its Wi-Fi 6E support.

Furthermore, as I perused the information regarding the latest firmware release, my astonishment grew.

The focus seemed to be solely on "parental control," with no change in the limit for IP address reservations.

I kindly request that you address this frustrating issue and develop a new AXE75 firmware that supports a minimum of 127 fixed IP to MAC bindings / IP reservations.

Additionally, I believe that the introduction of a dedicated IoT wireless network (operating solely on 2.4GHz) would be warmly welcomed due to its numerous advantages.

I earnestly hope that you will take my opinion, shared by many others, into serious consideration and give due attention to this matter.

Best Regards,

Rob

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AXE75 IP Address Reservation -> Range Increase
2023-08-24 03:02:57

@Robxy 

Hello, thank you for posting on the TP-Link community, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature requests here.

While we don't have any specific details that I can share around if more address reservations and IoT network feature can come to all the home routers, or when it might, I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 134

Replies: 1

Voters 2

Tags

IP Address Reservation