can I somehow ssh to my Archer MR600 and modify the OpenVPN server?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-23 15:27:36
Tags: #VPN #radius
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: ‪1.0.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 220307 Rel.60743n

OpenVPN server is capable of much more than what is presented through the configuration options of my MR600. I understand the setup is pretty pain free for the regular user, but I want to take it a bit further.

I want to add user accounts and connect my tplink router to a radius server. This way I also get MFA when connecting. This is a suitable setup for my company's backup access.

Can I access the router with ssh? Is there a another route like flashing it with openWRT? I do not want to lose my OneMesh and other nice gadgets.

--wellu

Options
2 Reply
Re:can I somehow ssh to my Archer MR600 and modify the OpenVPN server?
2023-08-24 06:20:54

@WelluMies 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

Currently MR600 doesn't support SSH access or modify the OpenVPN Server, we will record it as feature request and report it to related team for future evaluation.

Options
Re:can I somehow ssh to my Archer MR600 and modify the OpenVPN server?
2023-08-24 17:36:39

@Sunshine 

The device could be flashed with the open source openWRT, but at the moment I would need to open the device up and use the debug headers that are on the motherboard to make it accept the openWRT firmware. That would allow me full control over the VPN server plus a multitude of extra applications.

Some settings are just weird on the device, so I would like to SSH in and change a few things

Options