Intermittent connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Intermittent connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Intermittent connection
Intermittent connection
2023-08-23 21:46:04
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have a dedicated power line for my adapters and it has been great for about 3 years. Now I am getting an issue where connection is lost or drops to nothing. One minute it tests at 70Mbps next it won't complete the test. Tried on various devices and os's. I am on mobile data and  have used different routers and SIM cards. To my knowledge no other hardware on network has changed. Any suggestions?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Intermittent connection
2023-08-24 09:48:30

@Tolabhoy1 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. When the issue happens, is there any changes on the LED status of the two powerine units?

2. Will it recover automatically or you have to restart the powerline extender to get internet again?

3. When the issue happens next time, please connect a computer to your router via Ethernet cable to see if the router has similar issue

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-24 10:10:09

@Sunshine thanks for the response.

1) I have 5 power line units and the main input unit. I have not seen any change in the lights when the issue happens.

2) It recovers automatically. 

3) I will try this later. 

It is off and on randomly and it is hard to see any kind of pattern.

Any advice more than welcomed.

Options
2023-08-27 10:48:11

@Sunshine I have tried connecting laptop directly to the router and there seems to be no issues. Are there any settings on the powerline network I should be checking? It looks now like it an issue with the network or something on the network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 348

Replies: 3

Related Articles