Guest Network on OneMesh nodes?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-27 07:54:27
Model: RE815XE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

I read this subject which was closed.

I have the same issue so I raise it "again" hope to have supports and solve it.

My router is Archer BE800 which I've checked the guest WiFi (all 2.4GHz, 5GHz & 6GHz) supports Hide SSID.

I'm using EasyMesh on BE800 (fw 1.0.6) and OneMesh on RE815XE (fw 1.0.3).  Both BE800 and RE815XE form the OneMesh network successfully, all our mobile phones switching from A to B & B to A also didn't have any disconnection.  We love the OneMesh/EasyMesh very much!!

To let our friends can share our WiFi, I created guest WiFi 2.4GHz & 5GHz.  However, I can't see guest SSID on RE815XE.  I also tried using WiFi scanner/analyzer apps which I can see two same name home SSID (Smart Connect combines 2.4GHz & 5GHz to show 1 SSID) but only one guest SSID.  Open network details in the apps, I can see 2x 2.4GHz home SSID, 2x 5GHz home SSID, 1x 2.4GHz guest SSID & 1x 5GHz SSID.

So, it is very clear that my range extender RE815XE doesn't provide guest SSID.  It is the top model but still not support guest network?

File:
Screen Shot 2023-08-27 at 12.33.17 AM.pngDownload
Options
3 Reply
Re:Guest Network on OneMesh nodes?
2023-08-27 20:38:15

@Kinkeen 

Check this post - it would explain the behavior you're describing.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-08-28 07:27:04

@terziyski 

Thanks for your reply, but did you read my beginning already said I read the old post.  Your link is exactly what I checked already.  There was no solution but I hope TP-Link improved/fixed it in these 2 years time.

Did you read carefully about my questions and explanation?  My router is BE800 which is the latest WiFi 7 model, my range extender is RE815XE which is the top of the line.  I thought TP-Link should make OneMesh (or/& EasyMesh) supports the Guest WiFi on the 2023' routers and newest firmware for 2022' range extenders.

Also, I already mentioned my BE800 has Hide SSID for Guest WiFi.  According to the old thread which I read already and you provided the link.  TP-Link supports said couple of times that due to Guest WiFi doesn't support hidden SSID which not support OneMesh.  So, why BE800's & RE815XE's Guest WiFi have Hide SSID but OneMesh still no Guest network???

File:
Screenshot 2023-08-28 002406.jpgDownload
Options
2023-08-28 11:17:18 - last edited 2023-08-28 23:05:09

@Kinkeen 

Yes, I have read your post thoroughly but the post I mentioned apparently is still valid.

The option for hiding your Guest SSID has nothing to do with the hidden networks mentioned in that post - more details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 440

Replies: 3

Related Articles