TL WR841N as repeater without WAN connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-27 21:03:37 - last edited 2023-08-28 09:01:26
Tags: #Firmware Update #Repeater
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V11
Firmware Version: 3.16.9

Hi,

I want to use the WR841N Router as repeater without WAN connection. I found lots of good video material how to do it easily, 1. connect with wifi, 2. log in with admin, admin to the installation page, quick setup, next, operation mode -> repeater ... check. 

BUT my problem starts after quick Setup. I do not end up on the operation Mode as EVERY source tells me I would. I have to pick a WAN connection type, which I can´t, since I have no WAN cable connected since I´m repeating in a different level of the house with no WAN cable available ---> thats why I want to repeat the signal. 

How do I work around the WAN connection and end up with the operation mode? 

My installation page seems to be the "old one", green and gray. I was wondering if I have to update the Firmware? Currently its the 3.16.9 version. But I wasn´t able do get valid information on the firmware needed to use the operation mode. 

Please help, I´m lost and devastated.

Thanks in advance!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL WR841N as repeater without WAN connection-Solution
2023-08-27 21:53:34 - last edited 2023-08-28 09:01:26

@Carlchen 

Older HW versions of WR841N have WDS feature instead RE mode:

Use this guide to configure WDS on your WR841N.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL WR841N as repeater without WAN connection-Solution
2023-08-27 21:53:34 - last edited 2023-08-28 09:01:26

@Carlchen 

Older HW versions of WR841N have WDS feature instead RE mode:

Use this guide to configure WDS on your WR841N.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 468

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles