Can't get upgrade for Deco m9 plus(1.0) in mixed system with m9 plus (2.0)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-28 17:12:41 - last edited 2023-09-05 00:50:54
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.51

I have a mixed system of M9 and m5. A recent router change needed due to BT digital phone line requirement needing a homehub seems to have stopped the deco app being able to auto update. Switched to using mac and web. I was able to use the https://tplinkdeco.net/ to updtae the m5's with the right firmware. I then updated with the Deco m9 plus option and the latest v2 firmware. This updated most of the m9's but I noticed that it was showing two were V1 not V2, so I used the V1 download in the web app but it tells me its the wrong version (as I think it is only looking at the v2). Selecting update from the webpage just cycles with no response. 

Ideally I would like to just use the app to get it to sort itself out. Not a huge problem at the moment but all a bit odd. Any ideas?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can't get upgrade for Deco m9 plus(1.0) in mixed system with m9 plus (2.0)-Solution
2023-08-28 18:51:54 - last edited 2023-09-05 00:50:54

@Epredator 

Do you know that you can login to WebUI of an individual Satellite Deco using its IP address?

This is what I see when I login to my Main Deco WebUI:

This is what I see when I login to Satellite Deco (bedroom) WebUI:

Find IP address of one of your M9 Plus (V1), login to it and try updating that M9 Plus from there. If that works, continue with the next M9 Plus (V1) using its IP address.

I have other ideas of how to upgrade M9 Plus (V1) I can share if this does not work, but this one is the least intrusive.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't get upgrade for Deco m9 plus(1.0) in mixed system with m9 plus (2.0)-Solution
2023-08-28 18:51:54 - last edited 2023-09-05 00:50:54

@Epredator 

Do you know that you can login to WebUI of an individual Satellite Deco using its IP address?

This is what I see when I login to my Main Deco WebUI:

This is what I see when I login to Satellite Deco (bedroom) WebUI:

Find IP address of one of your M9 Plus (V1), login to it and try updating that M9 Plus from there. If that works, continue with the next M9 Plus (V1) using its IP address.

I have other ideas of how to upgrade M9 Plus (V1) I can share if this does not work, but this one is the least intrusive.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 275

Replies: 1

Related Articles