TL-SG105PE is not manageable by Omada?

2023-09-01 03:37:49 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:36:06
Model: TL-SG105PE  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20230218 Rel.51084

I got in touch with TP-Link Brasil to advise me on a PoE switch with 5 ports that could be managed by Omada. They informed me that the TL-SG105PE switch would be centrally managed by Omada and that I could configure VLANs according to my needs.

I purchased the product that arrived yesterday, 08/31, but when I added it, I couldn't find it in the device management of the Omada controller. However, it appears listed under clients.

I need to understand if the product is in fact a product that can be managed like the other switches in the Jetsteam line on Omada. This TL-SG105PE switch is manageable, so it should be possible to manage it on Omada. The solution would be great for small offices and even Home Offices. Unfortunately, if I don't get this management the way I expected, I will need to return the product.

Is there any beta firmware that enables this possibility?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:TL-SG105PE is not manageable by Omada?-Solution
2023-09-01 05:41:57 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:35:51

Hi @Artur.Aragao 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Do you have the email exchanges with the TP-Link Brasil? I mean our official stuff or support?

It is not compatible with the Omada series. This is a list of Omada switches. Omada Solution - Switch

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-09-04 02:44:08 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:35:51

Hi @Artur.Aragao 

Care to see the sender's email address. Can you simply screenshot the sender's email? Is this an email from our @tp-link.com? 

This is serious negligence from our tech support.

This switch has never been considered to be compatible with the Omada. Omada got its own series of product lines. And will not expand to the easy smart.

Please return it if you need an Omada switch. Find a suitable one here: Omada-SDN-Switch

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
2023-09-01 05:41:57 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:35:51

Hi @Artur.Aragao 

Do you have the email exchanges with the TP-Link Brasil? I mean our official stuff or support?

It is not compatible with the Omada series. This is a list of Omada switches. Omada Solution - Switch

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TL-SG105PE is not manageable by Omada?
2023-09-01 13:53:27 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:35:51

@Clive_A

Yes I have. And unfortunately what is laid out there has given to the wrong understanding about the possibility.

Even with the bug, it's a manageable switch. And it would be perfect for small office and home office. ESPECIALLY for people like me whose eyes lit up when they got to know Omada products.
I don't understand why they don't assign control. It would be great to control him via Omada. Now it will only serve me to fulfill the role of PoE for my EAP670 V1.

I did a lot of research and there wasn't much information about the TL-SG105PE.
However, as I was concerned about buying the wrong device, I took care of this with support.

The answer, after many inquiries, was this:

"Dear customer,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your switch and VLAN question. We, from the Omada team, are always ready to help you find the best solution for your network.

In answer to your question, TL-SG105E and TL-SG105PE switches are compatible with Omada software and can be centrally managed by it. You can configure per-port VLANs on these switches and assign them to the corresponding SSIDs on your EAP670. These switches also support the 802.1Q protocol, which allows communication between different VLANs."

Options
2023-09-04 02:44:08 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:35:51

Hi @Artur.Aragao 

Care to see the sender's email address. Can you simply screenshot the sender's email? Is this an email from our @tp-link.com? 

This is serious negligence from our tech support.

This switch has never been considered to be compatible with the Omada. Omada got its own series of product lines. And will not expand to the easy smart.

Please return it if you need an Omada switch. Find a suitable one here: Omada-SDN-Switch

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-09-04 05:09:53 - last edited 2023-11-10 03:35:51

@Clive_A 

I thank.
I'll stay with this little guy.
I think I'm also partly to blame for that. I should have done more research and looked you up here. Very competent people.

Thank you very much indeed for the explanations and guidance.

God bless your days generously.
May the best of the Kingdom come to you soon.
Thanks!

Options
2024-01-12 11:36:22
Hi @cliave_a! I was looking for Omada Switch and at Brazilian Omada site (https://www.tp-link.com/br/business-networking/all-omada/) TL-SG105E is listed as a Omada Compatible. Is that right?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1081

Replies: 5

Related Articles