Find out DECO external IP?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-01 13:44:42
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V8
Firmware Version: Latest

Hi! 

How do I find out the external IP-adress of the deco. My network changed ip and I can't login to it remotely now.

I tried the DDNS function but tplinkdns.com doesn't seem to work.

The external IP must be somwehere, I have been looking everywhere in the app but can't seem to find it.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Find out DECO external IP?
2023-09-01 15:50:57

@Marteen Go to myexternalip website from your phone or PC

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2023-09-01 20:22:14

@ImtiazAli 

"I can't login to it remotely now."

I'm far away from my home network. 

Options
2023-09-01 23:44:52

@Marteen did you look at More->Internet Connection->IP Address?

That is the WAN address associated with the ISP connection, the external address that may be reacable from outside your network.

I say may be reachable because some ISPs use CG-NAT which will use Network Address Translation (NAT) in a similar way to domestic routers and block incoming connections.

If CG-NAT is being used it will also prevent uPnP from working.

Options
2023-09-05 14:19:48

@Marteen Is there any device connected to the Deco?

If yes, then running a speed test using fast.com will show the external ip

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2023-09-05 15:08:25

@ImtiazAli 

I can't connect to any connected devices since I don't know the IP of the deco. I'm far away from the network and need to find out remotely. I find it very weird that the external IP is nowhere to be found in the deco app. 

Options
2023-09-06 10:58:00

@Marteen did you look at "More->Internet Connection" the IP address your ISP has assigned your Deco will be listed under, strangely enough, IP Address!

If you can't connect to that address (you need to be sure it's the ISP not your mistake) then you need to ask your ISP if they use CG-NAT since that will prevent you from connecting remotely. If they do use CG-NAT you should then ask them if they can provide you with an address that is contactable from the Internet.

Options
2023-09-06 11:39:27

@raven-au 

Thank you that actually worked, after a restart it showed my external IP, before it was an internal IP which is strange in it's own way.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2050

Replies: 7

Tags

Related Articles