pairing R480t+ with archer C60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-02 13:52:44
Model: Archer C60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20201231 rel.39772(4555)

Hi

I have multiple ADSL+ internet connections in my workspace. Last month, I purchased a R480t+ for load balancing, intending to increase my bandwidth. (R470t+ was out of stock) I set it up for load balancing (I checked load balancing under transmission menu and unchecked Optimized routing. I then configured 4 of the ports as WAN and connected my ADSL modems to them. I had an old W303R router from Tenda that I hooked up to the LAN to act as an access point, and it did without any additional settings for the past month.) Last week I decided to increase the range of internet access and purchased an Archer c60 for this purpose. I connected it to the LAN output of my R480t+ and set it up, expecting it to work out-of-the-box considering I'm using tplink modems, loud balancer and now access point, but it didn't. The internet LED turns red randomly, and I get a connection error on mobile phones and pc/laptops connected to Archer (Sometimes it asks for sign-in on smartphones). I decided to change its operation mode from router to access point, and it still has the same issue (on router mode, I set it up as dynamic ip internet access.) As a test, I connected Archer C60 to a single modem and it worked perfectly. Is there any additional steps that I'm missing? Should I configure them differently? I appropriate any help!

Options
3 Reply
Re:pairing R480t+ with archer C60
2023-09-02 14:46:35 - last edited 2023-09-03 11:51:19

@FJ2000 

Here's a guide for setting up Archer C60 in AP mode (Case 1).

Connect R480t+ LAN port to Archer C60 WAN port.

Archer C60 LAN IP address could be set as Smart IP (DHCP) or Static IP - depends on your preferences.

Change the LAN port on R480t+ where C60 is connected or change the LAN cable that connects R480t+ with Archer C60 - that may causing the issue.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-09-02 15:13:53

@terziyski Thanks for your response, but I don't have any issues setting it up. Archer c60 is configured as AP and its WAN is connected to LAN of R480t+. the problem is that Archer c60 randomly cuts off internet access. The Internet LED turns red (The rightmost LED) and on phone/pc/laptop it asks for login or displays a page with internet access Error. As I said previously, the issue doesn't occur when I use a single modem and only exists when I use my R480T+ as source. As if a conflict happens between two devices that cuts off internet access. 

Options
2023-09-03 14:56:58

@FJ2000 

If it's not a cabling issue then probably the issue is with R480t+ configuration.

Archer C60 should run in AP mode just out of the box.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 272

Replies: 3

Related Articles