HomeCare Parental Control & QoS Suddenly Stopped Working

HomeCare Parental Control & QoS Suddenly Stopped Working

143 Reply
Re:HomeCare Parental Control & QoS Suddenly Stopped Working
2024-01-28 21:49:45

@Bissco 

No problem at all, how my suggestion helps. 

As I'm writing this my eldest has been down to ask for extra time (9pm) so I'm pretty sure the controls are back up and running as should be again. 

My son and his friends who has inevitably helped me find out how he was getting around the system so I have no issues passing on what I know on to others. 

Took me a while to finally crack how he was  doing it but I can say when they do work they work well. 

My house is hard wired up in every bedroom and my living room so every device that can be hard wired is and vise versa for only wireless hence I found out about the different ip/mac. 

It was a bit annoying having to go and add all devices twice that needed it but once my son realised he was locked out and couldn't be up all night on the Internet he finally started going to bed at a more reasonable time. 

🤔🤔🤔

Only other suggestion I could make is if its only wireless he can use I would set up a guest wifi/iot network just for your child who keeps accessing the Internet past curfew and at that time they are to be off the Internet I would just turn off that network and then in turn they won't have access to Internet passed bedtime. 

But I would make sure to  change the password on your main network and then go on all that's child's devices and  I would go round and make them forget that main network so they can't get on it at all. 

Bit of a pain at the start but in the long run you win either way 👍🏻

Options
2024-01-29 07:33:11

@Basboi85 

I will see in the next days if what I have done solved the problem.

However, I found your idea to make a guest wifi very interesting in order to succeed to have at least connection blocked after a given time.

Options
2024-02-17 21:31:16

@Sunshine I have an archer C4000. The version on my router right now is 1.0.6 Build 20231010 rel.6028, which seems like it's newer than the one listed above, but I am still having the error where parental controls are not working. Specifically, the pause internet button does nothing. Please help!

Options
Re:HomeCare Parental Control & QoS Suddenly Stopped Working-Solution
2024-02-23 06:24:42 - last edited 2024-02-23 06:25:42

@abuske 

Hi, previous issue has been already resolved, if there is any further issue, it is recommended to start a new thread.

For parental control not working issue, please remember to check if the client device uses random MAC address or VPN to avoid the limit, also make sure the router system time is correct.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-03-03 21:30:25

@Sunshine 

the issue with the September 2023 firmware is that while it fixes the home care bug, it also greatly degrades  the internet speed on the AX10000. I can bounce back and forth between firmwares and verify. When I put on the newest one I get 76mb/s speed. When I rollback one or two versions I am back to 600 mb/s... now I have to choose between bandwidth and home care working. Can the engineers look at that latest firmware and see what in it would diminish bandwidth? Thanks

Options
2024-03-04 02:09:14

@JimPI 

Hi, are you testing wired speed to the router or wireless speed? and do you have any other access point or range extender in the same network?

If so, please make sure your device is connected to the router directly instead of other access point or extender.

Please also check the Ethernet Status on Network Map->Archer AX1000 page to see if any port negotiation speed drops to 100Mbps. Disable QoS if it is enabled.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-03-04 17:22:49

@Sunshine 

testing hard wired. This is the only router or ap in the house and qos is disabled. When I am home again later this week I will look at those numbers you mentioned. I have tested the new firmware versus old almost nine times now and the results are 100% repeatable. I get a 10x reduction in bandwidth with the lowest firmware versus any of the prior three firmwares. Very noticeable on all the devices as well. Very strange.

Options
2024-03-05 01:24:52

@JimPI 

This is noted, please let us know once you got the chance to check the Ethernet ports status.

We will also try to do more tests to see if the issue can be reproduced on our end.

Options
2024-03-06 09:07:05

@Sunshine 

I have the exact same issue and stumble upon this is on googling.

My model is Archer C3150 v2.

My current firmware is

3.1.0.0.9.1 v005f.0 Build 220117 Rel.63400n

Tether shows I have the latest firmware (no update available)

How do I get the fix?

You prompt assistance is much appreciated.

Options
2024-03-06 09:39:51

@Skhooks 

Hi, there is a new firmware for Archer C3150 V2 which has solved this issue, please download it here and update it manaully via web interface: 

Firmware Download for Archer C3150 V2

Options
Related Articles