HomeCare Parental Control & QoS Suddenly Stopped Working

HomeCare Parental Control & QoS Suddenly Stopped Working

143 Reply
Re:HomeCare Parental Control & QoS Suddenly Stopped Working
2023-09-21 14:16:23 - last edited 2023-09-21 14:35:45

@Sunshine 

Managed to get my family profiles to work. 

I've had to reset main ax72 and now newly added bought satellite ax72 back to factory defaults even unbinding them, re set them back up and then gone back through all nearly 40 devices on the app renaming them all and adding them back to family profiles. 

Got about to device 32 last night and then the family profile page crashed again and went into constant loading loop.

By that point a few choice words was said amd toys thrown out the pram as I thought I'd have to sit there and re do everything again, gave up and went to bed. 

Woke up this morning and the family page is working and the profiles are there and i can open the profiles to give my eldest boy extra internet time ect as I should be able to. 

( 13yr old accessing adult sites he shouldn't be and was able to beat the parent controls by putting a vpn on his phone/pc,  parents beware as the tether app doesn't recognise Web pages visited or online whilst a vpn has been activated)

If I try and add devices to family profiles through the client page it may work but most of the time it crashes the tether app by restarting the app to show my tp link products, I'll then have to log back into the main router and the proces may repeat a handful of times until my phone (s22ultra latest software) brings up a box saying the app isn't responding and has a couple options like close app ect. I've got pictures of the amount of times my phones registered this amount of times its done it in the last week in issue history on my phone  but won't let me upload  pics as not a url link. 

I genuinely think there is a massive issue with the tether app. 

Whilst my router was still running before I re set everything back up the family profiles was still working how I set them as devices that I had set to be locked off the Internet wouldn't load or access sites that had been restricted even though when I could open the family page to see the profiles said there wasn't any profiles but on the client list and any of the clients devices that was linked to a profile showed they was linked to a profile. 

My tether app version is 4.2.15 for Android 

Options
2023-09-21 16:14:06 - last edited 2023-09-21 16:15:42

Good luck to everyone, keep calm, and do the best you can, that applies to all parties.

Just wild guessing, but if the implementation base on shared cloud services, shared across multiple devices, if so, shouldn't there be a possible general correction to fix all devices on a great general big bang solution?

Quality control on extra time, open up the budget lines for support vendor.

Best regards,

João

Not so happy AX50 client, but someone trying to help out the vendor to help me and the rest of the tplink clients.

Options
2023-09-21 16:17:41

@Sunshine

I hope we can get a fix soon.  We keep hearing "coming soon"... I've begun to look at other company mesh routers.  Synology looks like they have a solid product and strong parental controls.  

I can't believe this isn't fixed.  Like other people have said, a "rollback" of the firmware would have been an immediate fix.

The problem is that the latest firmware (until the one "coming soon" rolls out) included a "Auto update" and a roll back would be auto applied to anyone who turned that on...

Please get this done yesterday.  This has been a long time for an advertised feature to not be available.  Parental controls are one of the main reasons I purchased. 

Options
2023-09-21 19:53:32 - last edited 2023-09-21 20:04:42

@joao_ 

I'm not here to bash, ive tried putting in my previous post everything that's happened with my family controls. 

I've had my previous set up for over a year and been rock solid. No dropouts crashes. 

I've even managed to convince my mate who has kids to go out and buy a tp link router becuase of how well until yesterday the family control amd router has worked for me as well as my father in law to get stop using he's supplied VM router and get the same ax72 as me I've even offered tp buy it off him if he isn't happy in anyway at the full price he paid for it as I've been nothing but happy and impressed and sung praises with how everything has worked for me 

Ax72 main v.01

2x c6 satellites in ap mode

Now my current setup is 

1 ax72 main

1 ax72 satellite 

1 c6 satellite 

Yesterday I added another ax72 v.01  and then all hell broke loose,

I set the 2nd ax72 up via the tether app same ssid and password and put it into ap mode plugged it in and the main router bummed out, most devices dropped connections and come back a couple mins later, WiFi signal was still there ?

I'm on gb connection 1gb down/110 up 

All I could pull on the main unit was sub 100Mbps even on 5ghz less than half a meter from the router. 

Went up to top floor of my house to check wifi speeds on my now new ax72 satellite and was pulling 935Mbps, now I'm confused 

Que the 1st reboot of the night of my main router. Rebooted and then WiFi speeds were back to normal and the satellite is running full speed aswell. 

Me thinking winners all is working as it should it was just having a tantrum. 

Then come the realisation all was not well, 

Went to give my kid extra time on Internet and thats when I realised all the nonsense in my previous post  

I've tried putting as much info in my posts for the details to be passed on so it could possibly help get the issues that are quite apparently either going wrong with the app or the routers or a combo of both. 

Options
2023-09-22 01:20:05

Cordmaur wrote

@Sunshine , I have a Deco P7 and I'm facing the exactly same issue here. 

However, I cannot see it in the list of hardware to be fixed... (last firmware is from 2020). 

Can you add it to the list of devices to be fixed?

Thx

@Cordmaur 

Hi, upon checking, Deco P7 is also affected and the new firmware 1.4.10 Build 20230911 for Deco P7 V1 is releasing now, please pay attention to any new firmware update via Deco App.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-09-22 02:15:15

@Basboi85 

Hi, thank you very much for all the detailed information.

Firstly, the AX72 parental control is one of HomeShield functions instead of HomeCare, thus the issue is different from that mentioned in this thread.

According to your description, it seems to be Tether App crashing issue when you tap Family icon on the App sometimes or when you add devices to family profiles through client list page. For the further debugging, we would like to follow up your case via email so that we could get some screenshots and also forwarding to senior engineers if necessary.

Please check your email inbox later.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-09-22 03:19:11 - last edited 2023-09-22 03:19:31

@Sunshine 

Hi sunshine thanks for getting back to me yea I'd be happy to go through email so I can send pics 

Options
2023-09-22 07:13:28

@Sunshine 

Assuming you are support, and that the bottleneck is somewhere else, out of your hands, situation seems to be a bit messy, may I suggest you escalate, or re-escalate the issue to your direct management as something that needs some priority increase, and why not maybe some attempt to compensate unhappy client...

Have a good day

João 

Options
2023-09-22 18:57:59

@Sunshine update done, so far so good. Thanks for the support.

AX50 out.

Options
2023-09-22 19:15:01

@Sunshine 

Any news for M9 Plus?

Options
Related Articles