RE705X AP mode problem with Ethernet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-10 09:04:18 - last edited 2023-09-10 09:58:10
Model: RE705X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi guys.

IN SHORT: laptop and smarttv works PERFECTLY via Ethernet cable connected to the router while the re705x in AP mode it worked fine and now it doesn't, if I connect re705x with a short patch to the router it works again. 

IN MORE DETAIL:

I have a 20yo stp5 cable from the router to the other side of my apartment that goes through the pipes inside the wall. I put it in person. It is made of 3 cables, therefore There are 2 couplers/joint that connect the 3 cables. 

It still works fine with my laptop and with the smart tv. Ping very low and bandwidth very high, similar as if the laptop was attached directly to the router with a short patch. 

The RE705X in AP mode worked fine for several months. Now it stopped working, if I move the RE705X near the router with a 2 meters long patch it works fine but with the old cable it has several problems. If I reset it and reconfigure it for a while works and after a while it stops. 

What can I do? Change completely the cable?

Options
2 Reply
Re:RE705X AP mode problem with Ethernet connection
2023-09-11 15:02:11 - last edited 2023-09-11 15:03:20

@Luca7788 

From your detailed description it seems that the old cable is causing the issue.

If the RE705X works with a factory made patch cord without any problems then change the old cable.

Also make sure you're with the latest FW release for your RE705X.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:RE705X AP mode problem with Ethernet connection
2023-09-11 15:51:28

@terziyski 

Ok. Thank you for the suggestion. I will change it with a Cat 6 cable. Not shielded.

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 393

Replies: 2

Related Articles