Cannot control speed limit on some devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-11 05:05:35 - last edited 2023-10-11 09:34:14
Tags: #Firmware Update #Speed Limit
Model: Archer AX23  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20230725 Rel. 55602(5553)

I used to be able to control the speed limit for some devices after the latest firmware update. But then suddenly, I can't control or remove the speed limit on those devices even though their speed limit is still active.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cannot control speed limit on some devices-Solution
2023-10-11 09:34:09 - last edited 2023-10-11 09:34:14

@Asevia 

Just an update.

Based on our senior engineers, they have located the issue with you via email. Those client devices without speed limit option are connected to guest network.

For the guest network devices, they are limited by the guest network total bandwidth separately, and thus have no extra speed limit option. 
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Cannot control speed limit on some devices
2023-09-12 02:42:06

@Asevia 

Hi, do you mean the existing speed limit settings still works but you are unable to change it or disable it for those client devices?

Is there any error message? If convenient, please share with us some screenshots.

Besides, did you try restarting or resetting the router?

Options
2023-09-13 14:45:40

@Sunshine "Do you mean the existing speed limit settings still works but you are unable to change it or disable it for those client devices?"

- There are some client devices that I can still control the speed limit and there are some that I can't control.

"Is there any error message?"

-None.

"If convenient, please share with us some screenshots"

(Screenshot taken from web portal)

"Besides, did you try restarting or resetting the router?"
- Yes, I have. Multiple times already.

Apologies for the late response.

Options
2023-09-14 07:43:20

@Asevia 

Hi, to assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
2023-09-14 12:48:17

@Sunshine Thank you.

Options
Re:Cannot control speed limit on some devices-Solution
2023-10-11 09:34:09 - last edited 2023-10-11 09:34:14

@Asevia 

Just an update.

Based on our senior engineers, they have located the issue with you via email. Those client devices without speed limit option are connected to guest network.

For the guest network devices, they are limited by the guest network total bandwidth separately, and thus have no extra speed limit option. 
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 417

Replies: 5

Tags

Firmware Update
Speed Limit
Related Articles